About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering Internet marketing material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn Internet marketing. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding Internet marketing
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning marketing (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about Internet marketing
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra marketing learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Internet marketing chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Internet marketing chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any Internet marketing question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an Internet marketing unit of a standard Internet and social media marketing course course. Topics covered include:
- The history of the Internet
- Opportunities and challenges of Internet marketing
- Global marketing and ecommerce
- Leveraging user-generated content
- Trends in Internet and mobile marketing
- Translating classic marketing principles for internet use
1. What is the History of the Internet? - Origins & Timeline
While the Internet has become an integral part of our daily lives, it is a relatively recent technology. Learn about the origins of the Internet, e-mail and the World Wide Web.
2. Internet Marketing: Definition & Examples
This lesson defines Internet marketing. Different types of Internet marketing, including websites, email, and more are reviewed. See how Internet marketing is used and why it is important.
3. Internet Marketing Challenges & Opportunities
The Internet presents a world wide web of opportunities for marketing but also a myriad of challenges. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the positives and negatives of taking your business online.
4. Internet and Global Marketing: Ecommerce on an International Scale
E-commerce is a low risk business strategy for companies to use for developing an international customer base. The combination of global marketing with an Internet distribution method allows many companies to try their hand at reaching growing target markets overseas.
5. How to Apply Marketing Principles to the Internet Environment
The principles of marketing are not limited to traditional tools. The Internet is progressively becoming a dream resource for cost-effective, highly trackable marketing and leverages the same basics as any other marketing plan.
6. How to Leverage User-Generated Content in Internet Marketing
Consumers are increasingly relying on other users to help with decisions about purchases of goods and services. In this lesson, we will learn about user-generated content (UGC) and its role in Internet marketing.
7. Trends in Internet Marketing
In this lesson, we will explore the history of internet marketing and the marketing trends seen online today. Topics discussed in this lesson are email marketing, search engine optimization, content marketing, and social media marketing.
8. Mobile Marketing: Definition & Examples
This lesson will define mobile marketing. Different types of mobile marketing, including SMS, QR codes, and push notifications will be reviewed. See how it is used and why it is important.
9. Trends in Mobile Marketing
Smartphones have revolutionized how businesses communicate with their customers. With the use of mobile marketing, efficiency and effectiveness of marketing activities has increased. This lesson explains how mobile marketing works.
10. Photography: Types, Techniques & Styles
A memorable or eye-catching photograph can go a long way when advertisers are trying to sell their product. This lesson will examine the types, techniques, and styles of photography.
11. Link Building Strategies
Link-building strategies can benefit your business through increased traffic and brand awareness. In this lesson, you'll learn more about successful link-building strategies to extend your content.
12. What is Link Building? - Definition, Types & Examples
Link-building can boast a positive impact on your overall search ranking, as well as increase website traffic and brand awareness. In this lesson, you'll learn more about link-building and some types of links that are useful.
13. What is Gamification? - Definition & Examples
Gamification combines the fun of playing a game with business information or a marketing message. In this lesson, you'll learn more about gamification and see some examples of its successful implementation.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.