About This Chapter
Interpersonal Relationships Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
This chapter provides you with materials that can help you teach your students how to build positive, healthy relationships with the people around them. There are activities in kindness and communication, lessons on how to resolve issues and conflicts, what students should know about romance and other related resources. You will find materials that will help you design:
- Exercises and lessons in how to be kind to others and the importance of trust
- Activities that demonstrate healthy and appropriate ways to resolve conflicts
- Classroom lessons or homework assignments on how to communicate effectively
- Lessons, activities and discussion topics on how to build healthy relationships
- Discussions on how to communicate in a romantic relationship, and much more!
How It Helps
- Class discussion questions/topics: Includes topics on communication in interpersonal and romantic relationships that can stimulate class discussions
- Student involvement: Offers suggestions for activities that you can incorporate to teach your students healthy and considerate ways to resolve conflicts and issues
- Homework or classwork suggestions: Provides you with materials that you can use to design class lessons or homework assignments on the importance of kindness and how to practice it
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning lessons on interpersonal relationships easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific topics related to interpersonal relationships that you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in these lesson plans on interpersonal relationships.
- Share the related lessons about interpersonal relationships for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important concepts from these lessons on interpersonal relationships.
- Engage your students with relevant games and activities, discussion questions or other materials covering interpersonal relationships found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Kindness Lesson Plan
Use this lesson plan to reinforce the character education trait of kindness. Students will learn to define the term and then act as teachers to reinforce the ideas of what kindness looks, feels, and sounds like in and out of the classroom.
2. Acts of Kindness: Lesson for Kids
We tell children to be kind to one another, but what does that really mean? In this lesson, we will define kindness and learn some ways it can be taught in the classroom.
3. Kindness Activities for Kids
Kindness isn't inbuilt, and needs to be taught. We can do that through various fun activities that will keep kids focused and engaged on doing kind acts. Here are some ideas for you to try.
4. Healthy Relationships Lesson Plan
Use this video-based lesson plan to help students build healthy relationships. Students start off identifying elements of trust, then learn how to communicate effectively. Finish up with a hands-on activity.
5. The Elements of Trust & Their Significance to Relationships
Do you trust someone with your life? Do you trust that same person with your bank account number? Trust is a difficult word to define as you will learn in this lesson. That's because it involves a lot of key elements that share a very intricate relationship.
6. Healthy Communication Skills for Romantic Relationships
Communication is very important to a healthy romantic relationship and something we must actively work to improve. In this lesson, explore healthy communication skills and test your understanding with a brief quiz.
7. Conflict Resolution Lesson Plan
Establishing a warm and nurturing classroom community is essential for learning to take place. Use this lesson plan to explain and detail important skills students can use to resolve conflict. Follow up with a hands-on activity.
8. Conflict Resolution Activities for Kids
This lesson will address the importance of teaching children to resolve conflicts peacefully and will offer a three-step process for learning the basic skills of conflict resolution.
9. Conflict Resolution Skills: Lesson for Kids
Disagreements are a natural part of life. Explore ways to change your perspective, conversation style and body language to successfully resolve conflicts.
10. Conflict Resolution Activities for College Students
Learning how to resolve conflicts is a key aspect of learning how to be a good friend, citizen and worker. This lesson offers you some activities that will help teach college students conflict resolution skills.
11. Conflict Resolution Activities for Middle School
Teaching middle school students strategies to resolve conflicts is an important life skill. This lesson will look at sample activities that can be used to teach students to resolve conflicts. They will include activities that are kinesthetic, auditory, and linguistic in nature.
12. What Is Respect? - Lesson for Kids
Showing respect is an important part of life, and there are many different ways you can show respect. In this lesson, learn how to be respectful to yourself, to others, to property, and to the planet.
13. Family Conflict Resolution Activities
Helping families understand how conflicts work and how to resolve them is an important way of providing support. This lesson offers specific activities for teaching family conflict resolution skills.
14. Relationship Conflict Resolution Activities
Relationship conflicts can interrupt a class and challenge learning for those in the midst of the conflict. This lesson discusses some classroom activities for students to learn how to resolve their relationship conflicts successfully.
15. Role-Play Exercises for Conflict Resolution
Learning to resolve conflicts is not easy, and it can take a long time. The role play exercises in this lesson will help your class work toward good conflict resolution skills.
16. Teaching Conflict Resolution to Adults
Conflict threatens both productivity and happiness in the workplace. In this lesson, we will examine some aspects of teaching conflict resolution to adults.
17. How to Teach Conflict Resolution to Kids
This lesson will review the most effective ways to teach conflict resolution skills to children that can be utilized by educators, parents, and caregivers. The benefits of teaching conflict resolution strategies to children will also be discussed.
18. Conflict Management Activities
Conflict is bound to happen in a school setting. In this lesson, we'll explore conflict management activities to help students understand how to manage conflict with peers.
19. Conflict Management Icebreakers
Teaching people to manage conflict is one of the best ways you can help them be productive and satisfied. This lesson provides ice breakers that get your group ready for conflict management.
20. Books on Conflict Resolution for Kids
Conflict resolution for kids is an important skill to learn, and books can come in handy in teaching this skill. This lesson provides a variety of these books for different ages.
21. Peer Mediation Lesson Plan
Thinking about using peer mediation in your classroom? Start things off on the right foot with this explanatory lesson plan. Students will read a text lesson detailing what peer mediation is and how it's done. Discuss concepts during the reading, then apply to a role-playing activity.
22. Peer Mediation: Definition & Steps
This lesson describes what peer mediation is and how a program can be set up in a classroom, a school, or a school district. Examples of schools that are good candidates for peer mediation and of a pilot program tried in a school classroom will be covered.
23. Peer Mediation Activities
Teaching students to mediate conflicts between and among their peers can be incredibly effective in helping them become independent and productive citizens. This lesson offers some activities for working on peer mediation skills.
24. Importance of Peer Relationships in Early Childhood
This lesson provides information for those interested in the importance peer relationships play in early childhood development. Peer relationships such as friendships and peer acceptance rituals become very important as children grow up and learn how to interact with others.
25. Building & Promoting Positive Peer Relationships in the Classroom
While content and skill are important parts of the classroom, one cannot adequately deliver said material without a positive environment that fosters learning for all. In this lesson we will learn about different strategies to build and promote positive peer relationships in the classroom.
26. Divorce Lesson Plan for Elementary School
What is divorce and how can it impact children and families? This lesson plan defines divorce, provides statistics on divorce rates and lists strategies for dealing with divorce. A role playing activity allows students to practice what they've learned.
27. Conflict Resolution Activities for the Workplace
Workplace conflict resolution training is often part of a company's professional development program. These activities allow participants to assess the techniques they use in resolving conflict, learn about conflict resolution styles and discuss how to apply them.
28. Conflict Resolution Activities for Adults
How do you teach a group of adults how to deal with social and familial conflict? You can have them practice the basic conflict resolution techniques that are key in conflict resolution practice. Let's review a few possible activities in this lesson.
29. Group Activities for Conflict Resolution
Teacher looking for activities that teach conflict resolution solutions will benefit from this lesson. This lesson is also valuable to teachers who instruct students with behavioral issues and students with Behavior Intervention Plans.
30. Respect Lesson Plan
Use this lesson plan to give students some guidelines on how to show respect. Students will read or listen to a lesson, then give several concrete examples of how to show respect in various aspects of life.
31. Healthy Relationships Lesson Plan for Middle School
This lesson plan guides students to understand the concept of respect. A video lesson will introduce multiple arenas for respect and students will use a writing assignment and group discussion to demonstrate their understanding of respect.
32. Kindness Activities for Middle School
Learning kindness is a necessary part of social maturity, but not something we always help students to practice. These activities can help you work with your students on identifying and practicing kindness.
33. Teaching About Personal Boundaries
Personal boundaries are guidelines that a person creates regarding how they allow other people to behave towards them. This lesson plan supports teachers as they teach students about personal boundaries.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Interpersonal Skills: Lesson Plans & Activities course
- Types of Communication Lesson Plans
- Social Skills Lesson Plans
- Team Building Lesson Plans & Resources
- Anti-Bullying Lesson Plans & Resources
- Classroom Bullying Prevention
- Anti-Bullying Campaigns & Activities
- Anti-Bullying Statutes
- Suicide Prevention Resources
- Cyberbullying Resources for Teachers
- Cyberbullying Resources for Parents
- Peer Pressure Resources for Teachers