About This Chapter
Interpreting Data from Tables & Graphs - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this chapter were specially designed and put together to help you better understand how to interpret data from tables and graphs. Some of the topics explored in this chapter include box plots and two-way tables. You will review the following in these lessons:
- Difference between frequency and relative frequency tables
- Examples of stem-and-leaf displays
- How to analyze scatterplots
- How to construct a dot plot
- Significance of using box plots
- Bar graphs vs pie charts
- Relationship between survey questions and two-way tables
- Definition of bivariate data
Whether you prefer watching video lessons or reading lesson transcripts, you have the flexibility to personalize your study experience in a way that is comfortable for you. The lessons are led by professional and expert instructors who want to see you master these topics, and you can contact them with your questions if you need additional help.
1. Frequency & Relative Frequency Tables: Definition & Examples
Frequency and relative frequency tables are a good way to visualize information. This is especially useful for information that is grouped into categories where you are looking for popularity or mode.
2. Creating & Interpreting Histograms: Process & Examples
Creating histograms can help you easily identify and interpret data. This lesson will give you several examples to better understand histograms and how to create them.
3. Creating & Interpreting Scatterplots: Process & Examples
Scatterplots are a great visual representation of two sets of data. In this lesson, you will learn how to interpret bivariate data to create scatterplots and understand the relationship between the two variables.
4. Creating & Interpreting Dot Plots: Process & Examples
Dot plots are a visual way to display the frequency distribution in a data set. In this lesson, you will learn how to construct a dot plot and understand its uses.
5. Creating & Interpreting Box Plots: Process & Examples
Box plots are an essential tool in statistical analysis. This lesson will help you create a box plot and understand its meaning. When you are finished, test your understanding with a short quiz!
6. Understanding Bar Graphs and Pie Charts
In this lesson, we will examine two of the most widely used types of graphs: bar graphs and pie charts. These two graphs can provide the reader with a comparison of the different data that is displayed.
7. What is a Two-Way Table?
Do you believe in Martians? Do you watch football on television? A Two-Way Table or Contingency Table is a great way to show the results of all kinds of survey questions. In this video we will learn how to read a two-way table.
8. What is Bivariate Data? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will be learning about the definition and uses of bivariate data. We will also compare and contrast the characteristics of univariate data and bivariate data.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CSET Multiple Subjects Subtest II (214): Practice & Study Guide course
- About the CSET Multiple Subjects Test
- Intro to Properties of Matter
- Atoms, Elements & the Periodic Table
- Solutions & Mixtures in Chemistry
- Mechanics, Force & Motion
- Basics of Thermodynamics
- Intro to Waves, Sound & Light
- Energy Conservation & Earth's Resources
- Cell Structure, Organelles & Organelle Functions
- Structure & Function of Human Body Systems
- Plant Biology
- Requirements of Biological Systems
- Plant & Animal Life Cycles
- Cell Growth & Division
- Principles of Evolution & Natural Selection
- Orbits & Rotations of Celestial Bodies
- Galaxies, Stars and Solar Systems
- Properties of Minerals & Rocks
- Earth's Spheres & Internal Structure
- Basics of Plate Tectonics
- Rock Deformation & Mountain Building
- Landforms, Volcanoes & Earthquakes
- Meteorology & Climate Basics
- The Earth's Water
- Planning & Conducting Scientific Investigations
- Basic Arithmetic Review
- Number Sense & Theory
- Performing Operations with Exponents
- Relations & Functions
- Ratios & Proportional Reasoning
- Graphing & Solving Inequalities
- Creating & Simplifying Algebraic Expressions
- Writing & Graphing Equations
- Operations with Polynomials
- Solving & Factoring Quadratic Equations
- 2D & 3D Geometric Figures
- Symmetry, Similarity & Congruence in Geometry
- Geometric Measurement
- Data & Surveys in Statistics
- Chance & Probability
- Problem Solving & Mathematical Reasoning
- CSET Multiple Subjects Subtest 2 Flashcards