About This Chapter
Intrapreneurship & the Hospitality Industry - Chapter Summary
Study this chapter to review the concept of intrapreneurship and how it can be applied in the hospitality industry. Our expert instructors will explain the differences between intrapreneurship and entrepreneurship, as well as the theory of institutional entrepreneurship and effective intrapreneurial characteristics. Following each lesson is a short self-assessment quiz to help you retain the information you've studied. If you have a question, feel free to reach out to our instructors. Finally, for your convenience, the self-paced chapter can be accessed on any device that has an Internet connection. After reviewing these lessons, you should be able to:
- Define the characteristics of intrapreneurship in business
- Explain the theory of institutional entrepreneurship
- Differentiate between entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship
- Understand how intrapreneurship can be applied in the hotel and lodging industry
1. What is Intrapreneurship? - Definition & Characteristics
Intrapreneurs marry entrepreneurial spirit with company resources. In this lesson, you'll learn more about intrapreneurs, what role they play in an organization, and how businesses can embrace them for overall success.
2. Institutional Entrepreneurship: Theory & Examples
How can people change organizations and institutions? In this lesson, we'll examine institutional entrepreneurship. We'll look at what it is, what institutional entrepreneurs have in common, and how they differ from intrapreneurs.
3. Intrapreneurship vs. Entrepreneurship
Intrapreneurshuip is an up-and-coming career path, but what exactly does it mean? What is the difference between an intrapreneur and an entrepreneur? This lesson will take a look at the similarities and differences between them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hospitality Management: Help & Review course
- International Hospitality Management
- Strategic Planning for Hotel & Lodging
- Operations Management in Hotel & Lodging
- Rooms Division in Hotel & Lodging Operations
- Revenue Management for Hotel & Lodging
- Hospitality Marketing & Sales
- Human Resource Management for Hospitality
- Hotel Security & Safety
- Food & Beverage Operations in Hospitality
- Hospitality Industry Organizational Structure & Behavior
- Market Forces & Globalization in the Hospitality Industry
- Audits & Quality Control in the Hospitality Industry