About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering affiliate marketing material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about affiliate marketing. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding basic affiliate marketing concepts and processes
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about marketing (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about affiliate marketing
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra marketing learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Intro to Affiliate Marketing chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Intro to Affiliate Marketing chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any marketing question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an affiliate marketing unit of a standard marketing course. Topics include:
- Types of affiliate marketing
- Affiliate marketing benefits
- The process of affiliate marketing
- Affiliate marketing business models and planning
- Metrics for affiliate marketing
- The history and future of the affiliate marketing industry
- Effective affiliate marketing methods, techniques and strategies
1. What is Affiliate Marketing? - Definition, Types & Examples
After reading this lesson, you'll learn who uses affiliate marketing and why they find it beneficial. You'll also learn about some potential pitfalls in affiliate marketing.
2. Why Use Affiliate Marketing? - Benefits & Advantages
Read this lesson to learn why many companies of all sizes want to use affiliate marketing to help them grow. Learn how affiliates can help increase the sales force of a company tremendously.
3. Affiliate Marketing: Checklist & Process
More and more people are getting into affiliate marketing. Learn how this is a viable business for many and what it takes to be successful in this lesson.
4. Affiliate Marketing: Business Model, Plan & Metrics
After reading this lesson, you'll learn what kind of business model and plan will work for an affiliate marketing business. Also, learn how you can measure the level of success you are having with the business.
5. Affiliate Marketing: Strategies, Methods & Techniques
After reading this lesson, you'll know what options you have as an affiliate marketer. Learn how to pick products and how you can present your products to your audience.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Marketing Overview: Help & Review course
- Advertising Basics
- Basics of Content Strategy
- Basics of Digital Marketing
- Basics of Mobile Advertising
- Basics of Rural Marketing
- Basics of Selling for Marketing
- Basics of Shopper Marketing
- Basics of Social Media Marketing
- Basics of Visual Marketing
- Basics of Yield Management
- Concepts in Marketing
- Intro to B2G, B2B and C2B Marketing
- Intro to Green Marketing
- Intro to Inbound Marketing
- Intro to Marketing Strategies
- Intro to Relationship Marketing
- Overview of Email Marketing
- Overview of Online Advertising
- Types of Marketing Overview
- Basics of Marketing Research
- Interviewing & Surveying in Marketing Research
- Data Collection for Marketing Research
- Marketing Research Data Analysis
- Creating a Marketing Research Report
- Behavioral Economics & Heuristics