About This Chapter
Intro to Agile Organizations - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you'll find short, engaging lessons providing a clear introduction to agile organizations. Make sure your employees are up to speed on what an agile company is, what organizational agility looks like and the processes involved in making a company agile by assigning these lessons. Self-assessment quizzes can assure you that your teams understand what they learned. These lessons are accessible anywhere that an Internet connection can be found.
How It Helps
- Facilitates training: This chapter is a resource you can use for a variety of training purposes, including new-hire education and workshop presentations.
- Ensures understanding: If you're moving your company in an agile direction, using this chapter or just some of the lessons in it can ensure that your teams fully understand what this entails.
- Provides context: Rather than just learning about agile organizations in concept, the examples of agile companies and organizational agility contained in the lessons help your employees see these ideas in action.
Once your employees finish this chapter, they should be able to:
- Define agile company
- Provide examples of organizational agility
- Understand the processes necessary to make a company agile
1. What is an Agile Company? - Definition & Example
Looking to get into an agile company or maybe even start a company that reacts quickly to what customers need? This lesson will help you understand just what being agile means for a business.
2. Examples of Organizational Agility
In this lesson, we'll learn about how agility can be applied in business situations. We'll explore some examples and see what it takes for a business to become an agile organization.
3. How to Make Your Company Agile
In this lesson, we'll define agile. You'll learn about industries best suited for agile strategies and how to adapt an organization to its methodologies.
4. Practical Application: Assessing Business Agility
How agile is your business? In this lesson, you'll find a table for checking your company's agile characteristics and suggestions for improving and growing your agile environment.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.