About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering green marketing material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn basic green marketing concepts. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the foundations and objectives of green marketing
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about marketing (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about green marketing
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra marketing learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Intro to Green Marketing chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Intro to Green Marketing chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any marketing question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a green marketing unit of a standard marketing course. Topics include:
- The characteristics of green marketing
- Challenges and opportunities in green marketing
- The importance of green marketing
- The pros and cons of green marketing
- The green marketing process
- Companies and campaigns that have used green marketing
- Green marketing's history
- The concept of green marketing myopia
- Examples of green marketing practices in India
1. What is Green Marketing? - Definition & Characteristics
What stands out about green marketing? In this lesson, we'll explore what green marketing is and the various types of characteristics necessary to make it function to benefit both a business and the consumer.
2. Why is Green Marketing Important? - Objectives & Benefits
Green marketing touches every aspect of a business, from packaging to process to public relations. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the objectives and benefits of this eco-friendly approach to business.
3. Green Marketing: Advantages & Disadvantages
Do you think that green marketing is all positive or all negative? Whichever side you fall on, there's always another point to consider. In this lesson, we'll take a look at both sides of the green marketing coin.
4. Examples of Green Marketing: Companies & Campaigns
These brands prove that going green is not only good for the environment, but good for business! In this lesson, we'll look at some examples of companies and campaigns leading the green marketing charge.
5. History of Green Marketing
In this lesson, we will look at some of the different events that led to businesses practicing green marketing. We will also touch on changes in green marketing throughout the decades.
6. What is Green Marketing Myopia? - Definition & Examples
When marketers focus on green benefits over consumer benefits, they enter the danger zone known as green marketing myopia. In this lesson, we'll take a look at this issue and a few examples of problem products.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Marketing Overview: Help & Review course
- Advertising Basics
- Basics of Content Strategy
- Basics of Digital Marketing
- Basics of Mobile Advertising
- Basics of Rural Marketing
- Basics of Selling for Marketing
- Basics of Shopper Marketing
- Basics of Social Media Marketing
- Basics of Visual Marketing
- Basics of Yield Management
- Concepts in Marketing
- Intro to Affiliate Marketing
- Intro to B2G, B2B and C2B Marketing
- Intro to Inbound Marketing
- Intro to Marketing Strategies
- Intro to Relationship Marketing
- Overview of Email Marketing
- Overview of Online Advertising
- Types of Marketing Overview
- Basics of Marketing Research
- Interviewing & Surveying in Marketing Research
- Data Collection for Marketing Research
- Marketing Research Data Analysis
- Creating a Marketing Research Report
- Behavioral Economics & Heuristics