About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering AP environmental science material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn AP environmental science. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding U.S. environmental history or working with environmental conservation and preservation
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about introductory environmental science
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Introduction to Environmental Science chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Introduction to Environmental Science chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any introductory environmental science question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an environmental science unit of a standard AP Environmental Science course. Topics covered include:
- Definition and scope of environmental science
- U.S. environmental history
- Environmental conservation and preservation
- Scientific evaluation of environmental problems
- Steps and applications of the scientific method to environmental problems
1. What is Environmental Science? - Definition and Scope of the Field
This lesson will explore the exciting and broad field of environmental science. You will learn what environmental science is and also discover what disciplines it incorporates. Also, the importance of environmental science will be explained.
2. U.S. Environmental History: Movements & Timeline
Have you ever heard of John Muir? Have you ever been to a National Park and wondered why it was preserved for future generations to enjoy? This lesson will discuss the major environmental movements in the United States since the 19th century, including the events that occurred, the people involved and the legislation which developed.
3. Environmental Conservation and Preservation: Definition, Differences & Advocates
This lesson will explain two views on how land can be managed and discuss famous supporters of each view. We will also explore examples of situations where the views are opposing each other and when they can be combined for the common good.
4. Scientific Evaluation of Environmental Problems: Process and Steps
This lesson will explore how the process of scientific evaluation is used to solve environmental problems. We will also investigate the steps involved in the scientific evaluation of environmental problems and how they all work together to solve an important issue.
5. The Scientific Method Applied to Environmental Problems: Definition, Steps and Applications
In this lesson we will investigate the steps involved in the scientific method. We will also explore how the scientific method is used to solve environmental problems.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Environmental Science: Help and Review course
- AP Environmental Science - Geologic Time: Help and Review
- AP Environmental Science - Plate Tectonics: Help and Review
- AP Environmental Science - Earthquakes: Help and Review
- AP Environmental Science - Volcanoes: Help and Review
- AP Science - The Atmosphere & Environment: Help & Review
- AP Environmental Science - Weather and Storms: Help and Review
- AP Environmental Science - Water Balance: Help and Review
- AP Environmental Science - Running Water: Help and Review
- AP Environmental Science - Ground Water: Help and Review
- AP Environmental Science - Glaciers: Help and Review
- AP Environmental Science - Oceans: Help and Review
- AP Science Help & Review: Water Issues & Water Conservation
- AP Environmental Science - Minerals, Rocks & Soil: Help and Review
- AP Environmental Science - Ecosystems: Help and Review
- AP Science - Interaction Among Organisms: Help & Review
- AP Environmental Science - Evolving Ecosystems: Help and Review
- AP Environmental Science - Biological Science: Help and Review
- AP Science - Population and the Environment: Help & Review
- AP Environmental Science Agricultural Resources: Help & Review
- AP Science - Rangelands & Forestry: Help & Review
- AP Environmental Science - Mining & Fishing: Help and Review
- AP Environmental Science - Energy Concepts: Help and Review
- AP Environmental Science - Renewable Resources: Help and Review
- AP Environmental Science - Nonrenewable Resources: Help and Review
- AP Environmental Science - Solid and Hazardous Waste: Help and Review
- AP Science - Humans & the Environment: Help & Review
- Environmental Sustainability: Help & Review for AP Science
- Environmental Risk Analysis: Help & Review for AP Science
- AP Science - Environmental Economics: Help & Review
- AP Environmental Science Help & Review: Ethics & Politics