About This Chapter
Introduction to Business Acumen - Chapter Summary
Introduce your employees to fundamental business acumen concepts with this online corporate training chapter. The chapter's short and expertly taught lessons lay out the foundations of:
- Business acumen
- Business organization structures
- Business objectives
- Business goals
Your employees will see how these concepts apply in the workplace, and they'll be able to retain their understanding of the information by taking the chapter's self-assessment quizzes. You can have your employees work through the chapter at work or on their own time.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter can help employees develop a high-level awareness of various business structures, objectives and goals.
- Offers practical examples: The chapter's lessons provide specific examples of business goals, objectives, structures and acumen in workplace contexts.
- Strengthens business acumen: Employees who complete the chapter will be able to start applying business acumen in the workplace
By the end of the chapter, your employees should be able to:
- Explain the concept of business acumen
- Compare types of business structures
- Describe the purpose of business objectives and business goals
- Assess the importance of business goals
1. What Is Business Acumen? - Definition & Examples
The term business acumen may be just two words, but it encompasses a lot! In this lesson, you'll learn more about business acumen, its elements, and why it's important for managers and employees alike.
2. What Is a Business Organization? - Structure, Types & Examples
Want to start a business? One of the first steps is to pick its form. In this lesson, you'll learn about the primary ways businesses are organized with examples provided along the way.
3. Business Objectives: Definition, Purpose & Types
Objectives set by businesses are measurable steps toward a goal. In this lesson, you'll learn more about what business objectives are, what purpose they serve, and the various types of objectives.
4. What Are Business Goals? - Definition & Examples
Goals are used to help a business grow and achieve its objectives. They can be used to foster teamwork and help the business describe what it wants to accomplish. Setting goals is an important part of any business plan.
5. Practical Application: Assessing Your Business Acumen
Business acumen helps explain how well you know how a business operates. In this activity, you'll take a self-assessment of your business acumen and learn ways that you can improve your business knowledge.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.