About This Chapter
Introduction to Call Centers & Call Center Agents - Chapter Summary
This chapter is designed to give employees a high-level overview of call center types and professional roles. After addressing different types of call centers, our instructors will show your employees how to become successful call center agents. Your employees will also receive instruction on stakeholder expectations and call center company strategies.
The lessons come with short quizzes to help your employees solidify their understanding of the material. The online format of the chapter helps them to review these concepts whenever they have free time. They can also submit questions to our instructors if they need any extra help.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Prospective call center employees can quickly learn the fundamentals of call center operations and roles.
- Strengthens call center skills: Current call center employees will be able improve their work skills by reviewing the characteristics of effective call center agents.
- Contextualizes company strategy: The chapter helps employees assess the applications of company strategy in a call center.
After completing this chapter's lessons, your employees will be able to:
- Compare different types of call centers
- Assess the roles and responsibilities of call center professionals
- Recognize the characteristics of effective call center agents
- Describe call center company strategy and stakeholder expectations
1. Call Centers: Definition & Types
This lesson will discuss the various types of call centers and how a company may use them to provide customer service. What makes a great call center customer service experience? Learn more here.
2. Call Center Professional: Roles & Responsibilities
Working in a call center provides a fulfilling opportunity for both entry-level work and management roles. Learn about what roles exist and about their responsibilities within a call center.
3. Being an Effective Call Center Agent
There are plenty of things agents can do to contribute positively to a call center environment. In this lesson, we'll focus on some of the important skills and qualities effective call center agents possess.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Call Center Skills Training course