About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Identify which concepts are covered in your introductory chemistry homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your introductory chemistry homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Definition of chemistry
- Science of chemistry
- Steps used in the scientific method
- Terms used in the scientific method
- Scientific hypothesis
- Scientific theory
- Scientific prediction
- Scientific law
1. What is Chemistry? - Definition, History & Branches
Known as the central science, chemistry is integral to our understanding of the natural world around us. In this lesson, you'll be introduced to the field of chemistry, learning about its history and its modern applications.
2. The Scientific Method: Steps, Terms & Examples
The scientific method is more than just hypotheses and experiments. In this lesson, we'll explore the themes and variations that make up the world of science.
3. Hypothesis, Theory & Law in Science
In this lesson, learn how to define hypothesis, theory, and law in science. Then, discover the ways that these ideas are related to each other and how they help us to explain the universe around us.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Chemistry: Homework Help Resource course
- Measurement and Problem Solving: Homework Help
- Experimental Laboratory Chemistry: Homework Help
- What Is Matter? - Homework Help
- Understanding Atomic Structure: Homework Help
- The Periodic Table of Elements: Homework Help
- The Representative Elements of the Periodic Table: Homework Help
- Nuclear Chemistry: Homework Help
- Bonding: Homework Help
- Phase Changes for Liquids and Solids: Homework Help
- Gases in Chemistry: Homework Help
- Solutions in Chemistry: Homework Help
- Stoichiometry and Chemical Equations: Homework Help
- Acids, Bases, and Reactions: Homework Help
- Equilibrium: Homework Help
- Chemistry Kinetics: Homework Help
- Thermodynamics in Chemistry: Homework Help
- Organic Chemistry Basics: Homework Help
- Chemistry of DNA and RNA: Homework Help
- Chemistry of DNA Replication: Homework Help