About This Chapter
Introduction to Digital Fluency - Chapter Summary
Have your employees work through this short chapter to review the foundations of digital fluency. The chapter includes engaging lessons that provide examples of digital literacy concepts, digital proficiency strategies and more. When your employees are finished with a lesson, have them take the accompanying quiz to reinforce the information.
Assign these lessons to individual employees, or share the lessons during a company training session. No matter how you decide to use these corporate training resources, you can be sure that your employees will be able to quickly review and understand digital literacy fundamentals.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter helps employees become aware of the components of digital literacy and fluency.
- Boosts digital knowledge and skills: Lessons show employees essential concepts that contribute to digital fluency.
- Offers practical strategies: Employees can quickly take away strategies for developing digital proficiency.
By the end of the chapter, your employees should be able to:
- Define digital literacy
- Evaluate examples of digital fluency
- Gain digital proficiency through the use of several strategies
1. What Is Digital Literacy? - Definition & Example
Digital literacy is all about how you use, consume, and share digital data. In this lesson, you'll learn more about digital literacy, what it looks like and the different areas it encompasses.
2. What Is Digital Fluency? - Definition & Example
When it comes to the digital world, would you consider yourself literate or fluent? In this lesson, you'll learn more about digital fluency, how it builds on digital literacy and its importance both personally and professionally.
3. Strategies for Gaining Digital Proficiency
Being digitally proficient is an important ability in the workplace. In this lesson, you'll learn some strategies for enhancing your digital proficiency and learn more about digital tools and technologies.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.