About This Chapter
Introduction to HTML - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you'll find lessons on HTML you can use to get your employees up to speed on this concept. These lessons cover the definition of HTML and provide details about the internet. Even if you have employees on different schedules, you can still utilize its mobile-friendly format to keep everyone on the same page.
How It Helps
- Builds confidence: Your IT teams will be better able to complete their jobs confidently when they complete this chapter.
- Simplifies training: Use this chapter to lead a training workshop, onboard new employees or work one on one with individuals who need review.
- Boosts knowledge: After finishing this chapter, your employees should recognize HTML documents, their structure and different types.
Once this chapter is complete, your employees should be able to:
- Define hypertext markup language (HTML)
- Explain IP addresses, DNS, ARPANET, URLs and ISPs
- Discuss the software used to create web pages
- Provide an explanation of web domains
- Define markup language
- Detail the structure and types of HTML documents
- Set up a code environment
1. Hypertext Markup Language (HTML): Definition & History
In this lesson, we will be discussing Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) basics. You will learn how to begin creating a Web page using HTML, what is meant by HTML code, how HTML elements or tags are formatted, and the HTML code elements required for each web page created.
2. The Internet: IP Addresses, URLs, ISPs, DNS & ARPANET
We'll cover the basics of the Internet, including its history and functioning. Key topics include IP addresses, TCP/IP communication protocol, DNS, URLs, and the transfer of information as packets through the Internet.
3. Hypertext Markup Language: Software to Create Web Pages
Web pages are created using HyperText Markup Language, or HTML. Learn how HTML uses tags to display information in a web browser and how web design software makes it easy to develop a website without having to become an HTML expert.
4. What is a Web Domain? - Definition & Explanation
During this lesson we will learn what a web domain is and the significant role the domain name plays in attracting customers. We will also discuss the Domain Name System (DNS), and we will identify and describe the eight top-level domains (TLDs). Last but not least, we will discuss the syntax rules applicable to domain name construction.
5. Markup Language: Definition & Examples
Web pages are displayed to millions of people every day, and each page employs a markup language. In this lesson, we will learn what a markup language is and how markup language commands (tags) are constructed.
6. What is an HTML Document? - Structure, Types & Examples
An HTML document is a file containing Hypertext Markup Language, and its filename most often ends in the .html extension. An HTML document is a text document read in by a Web browser and then rendered on the screen.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.