About This Chapter
Introduction to Indian Commercial Organization - Chapter Summary
This collection of engaging commerce lessons reviews the commercial organization of India. Take a look inside the chapter to study business activities, economic sectors, branches of commerce and more. Our expert instructors also examine Indian small and large businesses. The chapter is designed to help you:
- Recognize different types of economic and business activity
- Distinguish between three economic sectors
- Understand the roles of small and large businesses in India
- Identify the different branches of commerce
- Evaluate the purpose of business objectives
As you complete each lesson, take the accompanying self-assessment quiz to make sure you fully understand the material. The chapter can be studied at any time that fits your schedule, and our instructors are available to answer your questions if you need any extra help. These lessons are also accessible on any Internet-connected device so you can study at home, at school or wherever you happen to be.
1. Economic Activity: Definition & Examples
Do you like making money? Economic activities should fit the bill! In this lesson, you'll learn more about economic activities, the various types and how non-economic activities differ from money-making ventures.
2. Business Activities: Definition & Types
Business activities encompass all types of actions meant to help a company earn profits. In this lesson, you'll learn more about business activities, the various types, and how they're interconnected.
3. Economic Sectors: Primary, Secondary & Tertiary
This lesson will seek to explain the different sectors of the economy. In doing so, it will concentrate on the primary sector, the secondary sector, and the tertiary sector. It will also highlight the service industry.
4. Commerce: Definition, Importance & Branches
In this lesson, we learn what commerce is all about. We also learn the branches of commerce as well as the nature and functions of each branch. The lesson also examines the relationship between commerce, trade, and industry.
5. Business Objectives: Definition, Purpose & Types
Objectives set by businesses are measurable steps toward a goal. In this lesson, you'll learn more about what business objectives are, what purpose they serve, and the various types of objectives.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ISC Commerce: Study Guide & Syllabus course
- Forms of Indian Business Organizations
- Social Responsibility of Businesses
- Emerging Modes of Business
- Stock Exchange in India
- Types of Trade
- Understanding Foreign Trade
- Insurance & Risk Management Basics
- Business Environment Overview
- Types of Financing
- Management Theories & Functions
- Marketing in India
- ISC Commerce Flashcards