About This Chapter
Introduction to Marketing Strategies - Chapter Summary
This chapter provides an introduction to marketing strategies and why marketing is important to business. Take a look at how technology contributes to business success, target marketing strategies, the importance of strategic marketing in gaining a competitive advantage. Other lesson topics include:
- Applications of marketing
- Online marketing and its benefits over print
- Importance of having a Web presence
- Marketing and e-commerce on an international scale
- Marketing strategy objectives and external influences
- Marketing strategy and advertising media choices
Each lesson has a companion quiz for self-assessment of your comprehension of these basic marketing topics. The quiz results also have links back to the lesson to if you need to review any topics a second time. If you have any questions on the material you are studying, you can submit them to a Study.com expert.
1. Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
In this introductory video lesson on marketing, you'll learn what marketing is, how it's used to reach consumers and why it's important to businesses. You'll also see how exchange is related to marketing.
2. What is Online Marketing? - Definition & Benefits Over Print
The advertising world has gone digital, and more businesses are turning to online marketing instead of traditional print advertising to get their message across. But what are the benefits of this change? In this lesson, we'll learn what online marketing is and why business owners are choosing it over print.
3. How Technology Helps Achieve Business Success
Technology can help aid in the success of a business and has a winner-take-most-market reality for those with the best and most efficient technologies. In this lesson, you will learn the key ways technology helps businesses become leaders in their market.
4. Web Presence: Definition & Importance
In this lesson, we'll find out what it means to have an effective web presence, as well as the different tools we can use to establish ourselves and our businesses online. We'll explore the use of websites, blogs, email, and social media, including the three key pages found on most websites.
5. Internet and Global Marketing: Ecommerce on an International Scale
E-commerce is a low risk business strategy for companies to use for developing an international customer base. The combination of global marketing with an Internet distribution method allows many companies to try their hand at reaching growing target markets overseas.
6. What Is Marketing Strategy? - Examples & Objectives
In this lesson, we will focus on the components and core elements used to plan a marketing strategy. In addition, we will discuss the importance of measuring the impact of a marketing strategy.
7. Competitive Advantage: The Importance of Strategic Marketing
Companies have many options when it comes to gaining market share and increasing profits. Learn about strategic marketing and the tools companies use to their advantage.
8. Target Market Strategies for Successful Business
If you've ever felt persuaded to buy an item by an ad, you've likely been defined as part of a target market. Though you may not know it, advertisements are created specifically for people similar to you. In this lesson, you'll learn how marketing firms identify a target market, create basic target market strategies and use a marketing mix for a product or service.
9. Marketing Environment: External Influences on Marketing Strategy
What influences how a business sells its products - and itself? In this lesson, you will learn more about external influences that affect the marketing strategy of a business.
10. Advertising Media Choices and Marketing Strategy
There are many different types of advertising media that marketing managers can choose from in order to create a successful marketing strategy. This lesson covers some of those options, including printed media, television and outdoor media.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OMCP Exam Study Guide - Online Marketing Certified Professional course
- Content Marketing
- Conversion Rate Marketing
- Email Marketing Best Practices
- Mobile Marketing Overview
- Search Engine Optimization in Marketing
- Paid Search (PPC) in Marketing
- Marketing with Social Media
- Web Analytics in Marketing
- OMCP Exam Study Guide - Online Marketing Certified Professional Flashcards