About This Chapter
Introduction to Marketing - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
Marketing is everywhere! These short video lessons will introduce you to the basics and help you get an in-depth understanding of marketing strategies and principles. You'll learn about customer relationship management and how to create value. You'll also explore different approaches to marketing. By the end of this chapter, you'll be fully versed in:
- Types of marketing management orientations
- Methods for capturing value from customers
- The key elements and goals of a marketing strategy
|Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications||Get a basic introduction to marketing.|
|Understanding the Marketplace & Customer Needs||Identify the five core marketplace concepts and the importance of understanding customers.|
|What Is Customer Focus in Marketing? - Definition, Strategies & Examples||Learn to build a customer-driven marketing strategy.|
|Customer Relationship Management: Using CRM to Focus on Customers||Discuss how to create value for customers.|
|Marketing, Production, Sales & Societal Marketing Orientation||Describe marketing, production, sales and societal orientations in marketing.|
|Market Orientation and Sales Orientation: Definition and Differences||Compare market orientation and sales orientation.|
1. Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
In this introductory video lesson on marketing, you'll learn what marketing is, how it's used to reach consumers and why it's important to businesses. You'll also see how exchange is related to marketing.
2. Understanding the Marketplace & Customer Needs
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can find a market for your products. Learn that you have to know which product to pick or create before becoming a successful business person.
3. What Is Customer Focus in Marketing? - Definition, Strategies & Examples
We will discuss customer focused marketing and its relevance in social media. Learn more about how managers utilize strategies in order to reach their target market.
4. Customer Relationship Management: Using CRM to Focus on Customers
Customer relationship management (CRM) is an enterprise business system that organizations utilize to acquire, enhance, and retain relationships with customers. This lesson explores how CRM helps organizations become more customer-focused and profitable by combining functional processes with business operations.
5. Marketing, Production, Sales & Societal Marketing Orientation
You will learn the difference between marketing, production, sales and societal marketing orientations and how it can affect a company's financial success.
6. Market Orientation and Sales Orientation: Definition and Differences
You will learn the different ways an organization can focus their internal strengths. You will understand the five main differences between a sales and market orientation.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the UExcel Principles of Marketing: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Marketing Environment Factors
- The Marketing Process
- Marketing Information & Research
- Consumer Buyer Behavior
- Business Buying Behavior
- Marketing Strategy
- Products, Services & Brands
- Distribution & Logistics
- Promotion, Advertising & Public Relations
- Direct & Online Marketing
- Selling & Pricing Strategies
- Global Marketing Strategies
- Social Responsibility & Marketing Ethics
- UExcel Principles of Marketing Flashcards