About This Chapter
Introduction to Microsoft Word - Chapter Summary
This chapter breaks down the fundamentals of Microsoft Word. You'll learn how to navigate the program's essential features so you can be prepared to apply basic knowledge to new Word projects. Topics discussed include:
- Toolbars and document views
- New documents and templates
- Formatting text and margins
- Inserting and revising hyperlinks
- Saving and sharing documents
- Reviewing and tracking modifications
If you feel lost at any point of the material, you can always ask our professional instructors for help by means of the teacher or help tab. You'll be able to self-check your understanding topic-by-topic using the practice quizzes accompanying each lesson. There's also a practice final exam at the end of the chapter that provides a more comprehensive evaluation of your knowledge.
1. Basic Guide to Microsoft Word: Toolbars & Document Views
Microsoft Word is the market leader in word processors and the most commonly used text editor for both individuals and organizations. In this lesson, we'll focus on learning the fundamentals of Word, including basic navigation and document views.
2. New Documents & Templates in Microsoft Word
In this lesson, we are going to learn how to start from a blank document in Microsoft Word. Also, we'll explore some of the templates that the newest version offers to make our work easier.
3. Formatting Text in Microsoft Word: Layout & Style
In this lesson, we are going to learn how to style our documents for different purposes and how to switch their layouts to find the most appealing format.
4. How to Format Margins in Microsoft Word
In this lesson, we are going to learn about margins in Microsoft Word, including how to format them properly and how we can use this setting to power up our publishing skills when it comes to documents or books.
5. Microsoft Word: Inserting & Modifying Hyperlinks
Microsoft Word has a feature that can significantly improve the interest of your readers. In this lesson, we'll talk about how hyperlinks can easily direct readers to websites, email forms, places within the document, or creating a new document.
6. How to Save & Share Microsoft Word Documents
In this lesson, we are going to learn the different ways to save and share documents in Microsoft Word. We will learn how to work on real-time collaboration and cloud-based syncing, allowing for multiple people to work at the same time effortlessly.
7. How to Review & Track Changes in Microsoft Word
In this lesson, we'll look at the review and track changes features that can be used in Microsoft Word documents. Let's continue reading to learn more about this helpful document editing tool.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the IAAP CAP Exam Study Guide - Certified Administrative Professional course
- Hardware & Systems Technology Overview
- Computer & Peripheral Device Troubleshooting
- Systems Software & Management
- Using Software & Media to Communicate
- Microsoft Word Features
- Creating Worksheets & Workbooks in Excel
- Formatting Worksheets & Workbooks in Excel
- Format & Modify Text with Functions in Excel
- Introduction to the PowerPoint Tool Bar
- Create and Manage Presentations in PowerPoint
- PowerPoint Best Practices
- Design of Technical & Business Documents
- Working with Technical Reports
- Managing Physical Resources in Business
- Office Design & Ergonomics
- Business Records Management
- Database Management & Security
- Framework for Business Communication
- Running Effective Business Meetings
- Group Communication Skills in the Workplace
- Business Messaging Fundamentals
- Communicating Electronically
- Effective Messaging for Workplace Communication
- Elements of Punctuation & Grammar
- Sentence Types & Components
- Planning & Managing Events
- Human Resource Management Basics
- HR in a Global Business Environment
- Employee Recruitment & Selection
- Compensation Methods
- Employee Training & Professional Development
- Employer Compliance & Regulations
- Accounting Basics Overview
- Financial Statements in Accounting
- Financial Statement Analysis in Accounting
- Effective Management & Leadership
- Managerial & Interpersonal Communication
- Understanding Diversity while Communicating
- Business Networking Basics
- IAAP CAP Exam Study Guide - Certified Administrative Professional Flashcards