About This Chapter
Introduction to Purpose-Driven Leadership - Chapter Summary
This chapter includes helpful corporate training materials on purpose-driven leadership. Subjects your employees can review here include the benefits of purpose-driven leadership as well as the characteristics of purpose-driven leaders and purpose-oriented employees. Our chapter is helpful whether you need a resource to assign to employees individually or want to use it for a corporate training workshop.
How It Helps
- Offers insight: Members of your team who are not familiar with purpose-driven leadership will find this chapter a concise and easy-to-understand introduction to this topic.
- Helps new leaders: If leaders in your organization are new to their roles, our lessons provide access to information that help them understand their roles and responsibilities more clearly.
- Boosts confidence: Those in leadership roles will have more confidence executing their jobs with the proper knowledge and abilities.
After utilizing this chapter, your employees should be able to:
- Define purpose-driven leadership and its benefits
- Outline the characteristics of purpose-driven leaders
- Describe purpose-driven employees and their characteristics
1. Purpose-Driven Leadership: Definition, Example & Benefits
Purpose-driven leadership aligns business decisions with core principles and values. In this lesson, you'll learn more about this approach to leading and how it can be beneficial to an organization who employs it.
2. Characteristics of Purpose-Driven Leaders
Purpose-driven leaders didn't get that way by accident. In this lesson, we'll explore the characteristics of purpose-driven leaders and learn how they can influence actions and behaviors in the workplace.
3. Characteristics of Purpose-Oriented Employees
This lesson examines the characteristics of purpose-oriented employees. After defining the term and discussing the three types of workers, we'll see why purpose-driven employees are important and will examine how to identify them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.