About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering high school precalculus material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn high school precalculus. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding an introduction to quadratics
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about introduction to quadratics
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Introduction to Quadratics chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Introduction to Quadratics chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any introduction to quadratics question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
In this chapter, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What is the definition of a quadratic equation?
- How do I solve a quadratic equation?
- How do I use the quadratic formula to solve quadratic equations?
- What are the steps involved in solving non-standard quadratics?
- How do I solve quadratic inequalities using two binomials?
- How do I solve quadratic equations by substitution?
1. What is a Quadratic Equation? - Definition & Examples
You might be surprised to learn that quadratic equations are an important part of the world we live in. We sometimes even make use of them for our entertainment! Watch this video lesson to learn more about these equations.
2. Solving Quadratics: Assigning the Greatest Common Factor and Multiplication Property of Zero
When it comes to solving quadratics, we have at our disposal several methods. Watch this video lesson to learn one such method you can use to solve quadratics that don't have a constant term.
3. How to Use the Quadratic Formula to Solve a Quadratic Equation
When solving a quadratic equation by factoring doesn't work, the quadratic formula is here to save the day. Learn what it is and how to use it in this lesson.
4. How to Solve Quadratics That Are Not in Standard Form
It isn't always the case that your equation will be set up nicely for you to solve. In this lesson, learn how to factor or use the quadratic formula to solve quadratic equations, even when they are not in standard form.
5. Solving Quadratic Inequalities Using Two Binomials
Watch this video lesson to learn what simple steps you can take to solve quadratic inequalities using two binomials. See how it only requires a few steps to solve quadratic inequalities using this method.
6. Solving Quadratic Equations by Substitution
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve more complicated quadratic equations by the method of substitution. Learn how substitution makes your problem solving easier.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Precalculus: Help and Review course
- Working with Linear Equations: Help and Review
- Working With Inequalities: Help and Review
- Absolute Value Equations: Help and Review
- Working with Complex Numbers: Help and Review
- Systems of Linear Equations: Help and Review
- Mathematical Modeling: Help and Review
- Working with Quadratic Functions: Help and Review
- Geometry Basics for Precalculus: Help and Review
- Functions - Basics for Precalculus: Help and Review
- Understanding Function Operations: Help and Review
- Graph Symmetry: Help and Review
- Graphing with Functions: Help and Review
- Rate of Change: Help and Review
- Polynomial Functions Basics: Help and Review
- Higher-Degree Polynomial Functions: Help and Review
- Rational Functions & Difference Quotients: Help and Review
- Rational Expressions and Function Graphs: Help and Review
- Exponential Functions & Logarithmic Functions: Help and Review
- Using Trigonometric Functions: Help and Review
- Trigonometric Graphs: Help and Review
- Solving Trigonometric Equations: Help and Review
- Trigonometric Identities: Help and Review
- Trigonometric Applications in Precalculus: Help and Review
- Graphing Piecewise Functions: Help and Review
- Vectors, Matrices and Determinants: Help and Review
- Mathematical Sequences and Series: Help and Review
- Sets in Algebra: Help and Review
- Analytic Geometry and Conic Sections: Help and Review
- Polar Coordinates and Parameterizations: Help and Review
- Continuity: Help and Review
- Limits: Help and Review