About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other precalculus work.
- Identify the introductory quadratics concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our high school precalculus tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn basic quadratics and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the greatest common factor, the quadratic formula, quadratic inequalities or any other introductory quadratics topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their introduction to quadratics in precalculus unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in precalculus
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning introductory quadratics simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live precalculus tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn quadratics basics on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn to assign the greatest common factor and multiplication property of zero to solve quadratic equations.
- Find out how to use the quadratic formula to solve quadratic equations.
- Discover how to solve quadratics that aren't in standard form.
- Learn to solve quadratics using two binomials.
- Understand how to solve quadratics by substitution.
1. What is a Quadratic Equation? - Definition & Examples
You might be surprised to learn that quadratic equations are an important part of the world we live in. We sometimes even make use of them for our entertainment! Watch this video lesson to learn more about these equations.
2. Solving Quadratics: Assigning the Greatest Common Factor and Multiplication Property of Zero
When it comes to solving quadratics, we have at our disposal several methods. Watch this video lesson to learn one such method you can use to solve quadratics that don't have a constant term.
3. How to Use the Quadratic Formula to Solve a Quadratic Equation
When solving a quadratic equation by factoring doesn't work, the quadratic formula is here to save the day. Learn what it is and how to use it in this lesson.
4. How to Solve Quadratics That Are Not in Standard Form
It isn't always the case that your equation will be set up nicely for you to solve. In this lesson, learn how to factor or use the quadratic formula to solve quadratic equations, even when they are not in standard form.
5. Solving Quadratic Inequalities Using Two Binomials
Watch this video lesson to learn what simple steps you can take to solve quadratic inequalities using two binomials. See how it only requires a few steps to solve quadratic inequalities using this method.
6. Solving Quadratic Equations by Substitution
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve more complicated quadratic equations by the method of substitution. Learn how substitution makes your problem solving easier.
7. Vertex Form: Equation & Functions
Just as y = mx + b is a useful format for graphing linear functions, y = a(x - h)^2 + k is a useful format for graphing quadratic functions. We will explore its uses and learn how to convert any quadratic equation into vertex form.
8. Vertex: Definition & Function
Many shapes have a vertex. On a parabola, the vertex is the maximum or minimum point. Find out how to find the vertex using either a graph or an equation.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Precalculus: Tutoring Solution course
- Working with Linear Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Working With Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- Absolute Value Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Complex Numbers: Tutoring Solution
- Systems of Linear Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Mathematical Modeling: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Quadratic Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Geometry Basics for Precalculus: Tutoring Solution
- Functions - Basics for Precalculus: Tutoring Solution
- Understanding Function Operations: Tutoring Solution
- Graph Symmetry: Tutoring Solution
- Graphing with Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Rate of Change in Precalculus: Tutoring Solution
- Polynomial Functions Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Higher-Degree Polynomial Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Rational Functions and Difference Quotients: Tutoring Solution
- Rational Expressions and Function Graphs: Tutoring Solution
- Exponential Functions & Logarithmic Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Using Trigonometric Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Trigonometric Graphs: Tutoring Solution
- Solving Trigonometric Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Trigonometric Identities: Tutoring Solution
- Trigonometric Applications in Precalculus: Tutoring Solution
- Graphing Piecewise Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Vectors, Matrices and Determinants: Tutoring Solution
- Mathematical Sequences and Series: Tutoring Solution
- Sets in Algebra: Tutoring Solution
- Analytic Geometry and Conic Sections: Tutoring Solution
- Polar Coordinates and Parameterizations: Tutoring Solution
- Continuity in Precalculus: Tutoring Solution
- Limits in Precalculus: Tutoring Solution