About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Introduction to Quadratics chapter into a 5-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topic||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||Quadratic equation overview||Definition and examples|
|Tuesday||Solving quadratics||Assigning the greatest common factor and multiplication property of zero to solve quadratic equations|
|Wednesday||Solving quadratic equations||Using the quadratic formula to solve quadratic equations|
|Thursday||Solving non-standard quadratic equations||Converting equations to standard form for solving|
|Friday||Solving complicated quadratic equations||Solving quadratic inequalities using two binomials; solving quadratic equations by substitution|
1. What is a Quadratic Equation? - Definition & Examples
You might be surprised to learn that quadratic equations are an important part of the world we live in. We sometimes even make use of them for our entertainment! Watch this video lesson to learn more about these equations.
2. Solving Quadratics: Assigning the Greatest Common Factor and Multiplication Property of Zero
When it comes to solving quadratics, we have at our disposal several methods. Watch this video lesson to learn one such method you can use to solve quadratics that don't have a constant term.
3. How to Use the Quadratic Formula to Solve a Quadratic Equation
When solving a quadratic equation by factoring doesn't work, the quadratic formula is here to save the day. Learn what it is and how to use it in this lesson.
4. How to Solve Quadratics That Are Not in Standard Form
It isn't always the case that your equation will be set up nicely for you to solve. In this lesson, learn how to factor or use the quadratic formula to solve quadratic equations, even when they are not in standard form.
5. Solving Quadratic Inequalities Using Two Binomials
Watch this video lesson to learn what simple steps you can take to solve quadratic inequalities using two binomials. See how it only requires a few steps to solve quadratic inequalities using this method.
6. Solving Quadratic Equations by Substitution
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve more complicated quadratic equations by the method of substitution. Learn how substitution makes your problem solving easier.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Trigonometry Curriculum Resource & Lesson Plans course
- Real Numbers: Types & Properties Lesson Plans
- Working with Linear Equations Lesson Plans
- Working with Inequalities Lesson Plans
- Absolute Value Equations Lesson Plans
- Working with Complex Numbers Lesson Plans
- Systems of Linear Equations Lesson Plans
- Mathematical Modeling Lesson Plans
- Working with Quadratic Functions Lesson Plans
- Coordinate Geometry Review Lesson Plans
- Functions for Trigonometry Lesson Plans
- Function Operations Lesson Plans
- Graph Symmetry Lesson Plans
- Graphing with Functions Lesson Plans
- Polynomial Functions Basics Lesson Plans
- Higher-Degree Polynomial Functions Lesson Plans
- Rational Functions & Difference Quotients Lesson Plans
- Rational Expressions & Function Graphs Lesson Plans
- Exponential & Logarithmic Functions Lesson Plans
- Using Trigonometric Functions Lesson Plans
- Triangle Trigonometry Lesson Plans
- Trigonometric Graphs Lesson Plans
- Solving Trigonometric Equations Lesson Plans
- Trigonometric Identities Lesson Plans
- Trigonometric Applications Lesson Plans
- Analytic Geometry & Conic Sections Lesson Plans
- Vectors, Matrices & Determinants Lesson Plans
- Polar Coordinates & Parameterizations Lesson Plans
- Circular Arcs, Circles & Angles Lesson Plans