About This Chapter
Introduction to Retail Innovation - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you'll be introduced to the fundamentals of retail innovation. Using an approachable and simplified teaching style, our instructors trace the evolution of American retail, and offer insight into the qualities of creative and effective retail innovations. Our lessons come with short quizzes and a comprehensive exam that reinforces important retail innovation terms, concepts and real-world examples. You can use any computer or mobile device to access these resources, and they're available to study any time that's convenient. When you're finished, you should be fully equipped to:
- Explain how American retail evolved over time
- Assess the functions and benefits of innovation, creativity and change in the knowledge economy
- Compare types of business innovation
- Analyze examples of effective retail innovations
1. Creativity, Innovation, and Change and the Knowledge Economy
In business, one has to be creative and innovative in order to stay ahead of the competition. Having said that, one also needs to be able to manage change, as the business world changes on a constant basis. This lesson will address each of these topics and explain how they interrelate to business.
2. Innovation in Business: Importance, Types & Examples
Innovation is everywhere. Learn several key concepts in the study of innovation, including leading theories, forms of innovation, and its impact on the competitive market.
3. Innovation in Retail: Definition & Examples
Some of the latest innovations in retail are right in the palm of your hand. In this lesson, you'll learn more about innovation in retail and look at some examples of modern innovations that have changed consumer behavior.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 328: Retail Innovation course
- Strategic Retail Perspectives
- Evaluating Retail Innovation
- Identifying Long-Term Trends in Retail
- Intrapreneurship in Retail Management
- Product & Process Innovation
- Innovation & the Customer Experience
- Innovation through Greentailing
- Gaining a Competitive Retail Advantage
- Retail Innovation: Opportunities & Threats