About This Chapter
Introduction to Social Media for Executives - Chapter Summary
Our corporate training chapter provides an introduction to social media for executives. The entire chapter or select lessons can be given to your executives to ensure they understand concepts such as social media engagement fundamentals and the role of social media in business communications. This chapter provides you with a multitude of training options, from individual study and new executive training to leadership workshops.
How It Helps
- Addresses executives: The unique needs and responsibilities of the executive are outlined in this chapter, and all of the tips and concepts presented are directed towards them.
- Provides tips: Help your executive teams stay current on social media and understand the different types of social media platforms with help from these lessons.
- Offers knowledge: When your executives understand the role that social media plays in business communication and how it can be used successfully, they'll feel more confident engaging in this way.
This chapter is a handy way to make sure your executive teams know how to:
- Detail the role of social media in business communication
- Outline the types of social media platforms and their uses
- Explain social media engagement fundamentals
- Stay current with social media changes using given strategies
1. The Role of Social Media in Business Communication
Social media has played a growing role in company's business communication. Numerous affordable advantages create increased sales and customer loyalty through different platforms and word of mouth.
2. Social Media Platforms for Executives: Types & Uses
There are many different social media platforms available. In this lesson, we go over some of the major platforms executives might use, why they might do so, and the pros and cons of using one vs. many social media platforms.
3. Social Media Engagement Fundamentals for Executives
This lesson goes over four principal forms of social media engagement all executives should understand the basics of. They are acknowledgement, association, amplification, and action.
4. Strategies for Staying Current with Social Media Changes
Keeping current on social media changes can not only help you remain competitive but also achieve your business objectives. In this lesson, you'll learn more about ways to stay up-to-date on the world of social media.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Social Media for Executives course