About This Chapter
Introduction to Workforce Diversity - Chapter Summary
In this chapter on workforce diversity, information-packed video lessons cover cultural and age diversity, among other topics. You'll review definitions and look at trends related to various forms of diversity. After going through the lessons, you should be able to do the following with ease:
- Provide examples of cultural diversity in the workplace
- Explain what age diversity in the workplace means
- Discuss trends related to gender diversity it the workplace
- Give examples of ability and disability diversity
- Outline how contemporary organizations manage a diverse workforce
Our instructors are skilled at helping you absorb key information regarding workforce diversity. They provide plenty of examples and illustrations to ensure you grasp the concepts presented. Since the lessons are mobile-friendly, you can study whenever you have a few minutes to spare. The self-assessment quizzes enable you to test your comprehension of each individual lesson.
1. Cultural Diversity in the Workplace: Definition, Trends & Examples
Cultural diversity is a form of appreciating the differences in individuals. The differences can be based on gender, age, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and social status. Companies have realized the value in acquiring a diverse workforce.
2. Gender Diversity in the Workplace: Definition, Trends & Examples
Gender diversity deals with equal representation of men and women in the workplace. In this lesson, we will explore trends and issues with gender diversity in the modern workforce.
3. Age Diversity in the Workplace: Definition, Trends & Examples
Age diversity is the ability to accept all different types of ages within a business environment. Companies have to adjust to an aging population in various ways.
4. Ability and Disability Diversity in the Workplace: Definition, Trends & Examples
Everyone has both strengths and limitations, and it is the diversity of these things that makes for a great workplace. In this lesson, we'll examine ability and disability diversity in the workplace, including the ADA and sensitivity training.
5. Managing a Diverse Workforce in Contemporary Organizations
Diversity is all around us and is a huge part of the business climate today. All companies strive for diversity, so they can have a unique perspective and look at issues through the eyes of their employees. This lesson will address diversity in a global setting.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the DSST Organizational Behavior: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- The History & Evolution of Organizational Behavior
- Research Methods in Organizational Psychology
- Management Roles & Functions
- Overview of Individual Behavior
- Personality & Social Behavior in Organizations
- Emotions & Moods in Organizations
- Overview of Attitudes & Values in the Workplace
- Managing Workplace Stress
- Ethics in the Workplace
- Perception & Attributional Bias in Organizational Behavior
- Learning in the Workplace
- Understanding Employee Motivation
- Individual Decision Making
- Organizational Communication in the Workplace
- Groups, Teams & Group Decision Making
- Managing Conflict in the Workplace
- The Nature of Leadership in Organizational Behavior
- Leadership Theories & Styles in Organizational Behavior
- How Organizations are Structured & Designed
- Introduction to Organizational Culture
- Overview of Organizational Change
- Global Implications of Organizational Behavior
- DSST Informational Resources
- DSST Organizational Behavior Flashcards