About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering possible animal agriculture problems will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about animal agriculture. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing events and people associated with issues in animal agriculture
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning animal science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Issues in Animal Agriculture chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Issues in Animal Agriculture chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any animal science question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about issues in animal agriculture for a standard animal science course. Topics covered include:
- Definition, key issues, and benefits of sustainable agriculture
- Common problems in agriculture, including land loss and decreased varieties
- Efforts to protect ranges and conservation easements
- Definition of biotechnology, as well as common issues and examples within animal agriculture
- Human responsibility in ensuring animal welfare
1. What Is Sustainable Agriculture? - Definition, Benefits and Issues
The word 'sustainable' has become very popular these days and is used to describe many different things. In this lesson we will explore how sustainability is associated with agriculture and the benefits and issues of this type of farming.
2. Problems in Agriculture: Loss of Land and Decreased Varieties
Although we all currently rely on industrial agriculture to produce the majority of the food we eat, this type of agriculture is facing problems that may threaten its future. In this lesson, we will explore these problems and how they influence the future of food production.
3. Protecting Private Rangelands: Conservation Easements
Rangelands have many uses, such as acting as grazing land for livestock and recreational land for communities. Private rangeland owners can voluntarily enter into a legally binding conservation easement to limit the development of their land and preserve it for future generations.
4. Biotechnology in Animal Agriculture: Definition, Issues & Examples
Biotechnology is everywhere these days. Learn about how it's used in animal agriculture, including examples, and the concerns people have about it. See what you know by taking a quiz.
5. Animal Welfare: Definition & Issues
We love our pets and want the best for them. But what about the other animals across the world? Learn about animal welfare and the key issues animal welfare activists campaign about. Take a quiz and see what you've learned.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.