About This Chapter
ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Lines & Angles - Chapter Summary
This chapter was designed to ensure students are ready to answer questions about lines and angles on the ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math exam. Our lessons provide the chance to review:
- Line segments and rays
- Lines that are parallel, perpendicular and transverse
- Acute, obtuse, right, straight and supplementary angles
- Transversal, vertical and complementary angles
An interactive quiz supports each lesson, allowing students to practice solving questions involving angles and lines. The lessons also focus on helping familiarize students with the mathematical vocabulary words they may be tested on and our expert instructors are available to answer any questions that may arise
1. Line Segments & Rays: Definition & Measurement
Watch this video lesson to learn the difference between a line segment and a ray. You will also learn how to measure and add line segments. Learn why you can't measure or add a ray.
2. Parallel, Perpendicular and Transverse Lines
What are the different types of lines? Where are they visible in the real world and how can you recognize them? Find out here and test your knowledge with a quiz.
3. Angles Formed by a Transversal
When you have a pair of parallel lines and a transversal, something very interesting happens to the angles that are formed. You can see this happen in real life at street intersections and such. Watch this video lesson to learn about all of this.
4. What is an Acute Angle? - Definition, Description & Examples
In this lesson, you'll learn what makes an angle acute and see a few different examples of them. After the lesson, you can test your new knowledge with a brief quiz.
5. What is an Obtuse Angle? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you'll learn what angles, right angles, and obtuse angles are; you'll see a few examples of different obtuse angles. Test your knowledge with a brief quiz once you've completed the lesson.
6. What is a Right Angle? - Definition & Formula
In this lesson, you will learn about the properties that identify right angles. You will also discover where right angles can be found and learn about what makes them so useful. You can then test your knowledge with a quiz.
7. What is a Straight Angle? - Definition & Example
This lesson will be an explanation of what a straight angle is. It will include several examples that fully demonstrate the straight angle in contrast with other angles.
8. Supplementary Angle: Definition & Theorem
There are many important angle pairs in geometry. In this lesson, we'll learn about supplementary angles, including what they are, where they are used, and why you need to know about them.
9. Vertical Angles & Complementary Angles: Definition & Examples
Special angles make your life easier. Learn how you can use the properties of special angles to help you find the measurements of missing angles in this video lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ISTEP+ Grade 7 - Math: Test Prep & Practice course
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Prime Factorization
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Square Roots
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Rational & Irrational Numbers
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Operations with Rational Numbers
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Math Properties
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Algebraic Expressions
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Graphing Basics
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Linear Equations
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Inequalities
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Slope & Rate of Change
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Ratios & Proportions
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Geometric Constructions
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Triangles
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Similar Figures
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Area & Circumference
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Complex Figures
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Populations & Statistics
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Data Analysis & Statistics
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Probability
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Mathematical Process
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 - Math Flashcards