About This Chapter
ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Math Properties - Chapter Summary
This chapter provides a chance for your students to review the properties of math as they get ready for the ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math exam. Our lessons and quizzes cover information about the following properties:
- Multiplicative identity
- Multiplication of zero
After completing the lessons, test your learning with short multiple-choice quizzes. Our math experts are available to answer questions that might arise while completing this chapter.
1. Identity Property: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn the definition of the identity property, discover the four different identity properties and examine examples that clearly illustrate these properties. Following this lesson will be a brief quiz to test your knowledge.
2. Inverse Property: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn the definition of inverse property as it applies to different types of numbers. You will also look at examples that show you how to find the additive inverse and multiplicative inverse of a number.
3. The Commutative Property: Definition and Examples
There are three major properties that deal with the addition and multiplication of numbers. One of those properties is the commutative property. This lesson will define and give examples of the commutative property and how it works.
4. The Associative Property: Definition and Examples
There are three basic number properties that help to form the backbone of algebra. One of those properties is the associative property. This lesson will define the associative property and give some examples of how it works.
5. Additive Property: Definition & Examples
After completing this lesson, you will be able to state the additive property of equality, the additive property of inequalities, and the additive inverse property. You will also be able to use these properties to solve problems.
6. Multiplicative Identity Property: Definition & Example
In this lesson, discover what the multiplicative identity property is and view examples of the property in action. You'll also find out why this property is always true.
7. The Multiplication Property of Zero: Definition & Examples
The number zero has different rules than other numbers; it behaves according to it's own unique properties. This lesson will define the multiplication property of zero and give some examples of how it works.
8. The Distributive Property and Algebraic Expressions
The order of operations is great. But sometimes we need to bend the rules to simplify an equation. Fortunately, the distributive property gives us a scenario in which this is okay. Learn all about it in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ISTEP+ Grade 7 - Math: Test Prep & Practice course
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Prime Factorization
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Square Roots
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Rational & Irrational Numbers
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Operations with Rational Numbers
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Algebraic Expressions
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Graphing Basics
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Linear Equations
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Inequalities
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Slope & Rate of Change
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Ratios & Proportions
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Lines & Angles
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Geometric Constructions
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Triangles
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Similar Figures
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Area & Circumference
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Complex Figures
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Populations & Statistics
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Data Analysis & Statistics
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Probability
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Mathematical Process
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 - Math Flashcards