About This Chapter
ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Rational & Irrational Numbers - Chapter Summary
Ensure your students are ready to answer questions about rational and irrational numbers on the ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math exam with this chapter. You can rely on our lessons to provide information about:
- The definitions of rational and irrational numbers
- How to compare and order rational numbers
- Ways to graph rational and irrational numbers on a number line
Our video lessons are focused and short to help students absorb information about this mathematical subject. Students can use the timeline associated with each video to go directly to the information they want to review. Quizzes are available for students to see which areas they need to focus on and instructors are on hand to answer any questions that may arise.
1. What are Rational Numbers? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we will learn about rational numbers and their characteristics. We'll discover what they are, what they aren't and how to distinguish them from other types of numbers.
2. Comparing & Ordering Rational Numbers
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to look at any rational number and compare it with any other rational number. Learn what you need to do so that you know which number is greater or lesser than another.
3. Graphing Rational Numbers on a Number Line
Number lines have many uses both in mathematics and everyday life. This lesson will teach you how to graph numbers on a number line and give real-world examples of how to use number lines.
4. What are Irrational Numbers? - Definition & Examples
Irrational numbers may not be crazy, but they do sometimes bend our minds a little. Learn about common irrational numbers, like the square root of 2 and pi, as well as a few others that businessmen, artists, and scientists find useful.
5. Ordering & Graphing Irrational Numbers on a Number Line
This lesson will help you identify irrational numbers, order irrational numbers, and place the irrational numbers in the correct order on a number line.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ISTEP+ Grade 7 - Math: Test Prep & Practice course
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Prime Factorization
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Square Roots
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Operations with Rational Numbers
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Math Properties
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Algebraic Expressions
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Graphing Basics
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Linear Equations
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Inequalities
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Slope & Rate of Change
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Ratios & Proportions
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Lines & Angles
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Geometric Constructions
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Triangles
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Similar Figures
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Area & Circumference
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Complex Figures
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Populations & Statistics
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Data Analysis & Statistics
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Probability
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 Math: Mathematical Process
- ISTEP+ Grade 7 - Math Flashcards