About This Chapter
ISTEP+ Grade 8 Math: Geometric Transformations - Chapter Summary
These lesson videos will help you improve your understanding of geometric transformations and congruence. Watch them either on a computer or mobile device to study how to:
- Verify the properties of rotations, reflections and translations
- Use transformations to determine the congruence of two-dimensional figures
- Explain and use the reflexive property of congruence
- Use transformations to determine the similarity of two-dimensional figures
These lessons come with a series of lesson transcripts and quizzes to help you further improve your understanding of the material presented. Read the lesson transcripts to fortify your retention of the information, and take the lesson quizzes to discover topics you don't understand. Then use the video tags from the quiz results to improve your understanding of these topics. After you've completed all the lessons and quizzes of this chapter, test your over all understanding of the material and take the practice chapter exam.
ISTEP+ Grade 8 Math: Geometric Transformations Objectives
The Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress Plus (ISTEP+) Grade 8 - Mathematics exam is a composition of essay, open-ended and multiple-choice questions divided into two tests; an applied-skills assessment administered sometime in March and a multiple-choice assessment administered sometime in April or May. These tests are used to assess how much you learned from your 8th grade math class. When you take these assessments, you can expect 20-30% of the material on them to be about geometry and measurements. This chapter has been composed to help you prepare for some of these questions about geometric transformations.
1. Rotations in Math: Definition & Overview
A geometric rotation refers to the rotating of a figure around a center of rotation. This lesson will get you going on rotations, give you some examples, and end with a quiz that tests your knowledge of rotations.
2. Congruence in Geometric Shapes
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can determine whether two shapes are congruent or not. You will learn what the one criterion is when determining congruency between two shapes.
3. Reflexive Property of Congruence: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we will look at the reflexive property of congruence. It is used to prove congruence when dealing with geometric figures. Specifically, the reflexive property is used when a figure is congruent to itself.
4. Similarity Transformations in Corresponding Figures
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can tell if two figures are similar by using similarity transformations. Learn how to find the corresponding sides and angles and then how to compare them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ISTEP+ Grade 8 - Math: Test Prep & Practice course
- ISTEP+ Grade 8 Math: Rational & Irrational Numbers
- ISTEP+ Grade 8 Math: Operations with Rational Numbers
- ISTEP+ Grade 8 Math: Exponents
- ISTEP+ Grade 8 Math: Square Roots
- ISTEP+ Grade 8 Math: Scientific Notation
- ISTEP+ Grade 8 Math: Linear Equations
- ISTEP+ Grade 8 Math: Inequalities
- ISTEP+ Grade 8 Math: Properties of Functions
- ISTEP+ Grade 8 Math: Rational Expressions & Functions
- ISTEP+ Grade 8 Math: Geometric Figures
- ISTEP+ Grade 8 Math: Pythagorean Theorem
- ISTEP+ Grade 8 Math: Analyzing Data
- ISTEP+ Grade 8 Math: Probability
- ISTEP+ Grade 8 Math: Mathematical Process
- ISTEP+ Grade 8 - Math Flashcards