About This Chapter
James & the Giant Peach Teaching Resources - Chapter Summary
This chapter provides teachers and educators with effective lessons that'll help them teach their students about James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl. The chapter includes several resources that will improve your instruction of the novel, including class discussion questions, activities and lesson plans.
These lessons lay out the most important definitions and concepts your students need to know, and you can be sure you're ready to teach the novel by studying these lessons as many times as needed.
How It Helps
- Engages students: The classroom activities bring the novel to life and help your students enjoy the process of studying James and the Giant Peach.
- Enhances student understanding: The included comprehension and discussion questions will assess your students' understanding of the novel's most important elements.
- Creates effective lessons: You'll design a comprehensive lesson plan for James and the Giant Peach that covers essential components of the novel, including its plot, characters and themes.
Upon completion of this chapter, you should be able to:
- Implement a comprehensive lesson plan for James and the Giant Peach
- Test your students' understanding of the novel with comprehension and discussion questions
- Enhance your James and the Giant Peach lessons with fun and engaging classroom activities
1. James & the Giant Peach Lesson Plan
This lesson plan will help you teach your students about the adventures of James and the Giant Peach. In the process, they will review the idea of different types of conflict in literature.
2. James & the Giant Peach Comprehension Questions
With enchanting characters and an engaging plot, students can easily forget they're reading for understanding in ''James and the Giant Peach''. Check on what they understand during and after reading with these questions.
3. James & the Giant Peach Discussion Questions
Teachers, use this lesson to determine if your students read the book. These questions will also evaluate their critical thinking and analytical skills. This lesson may be used in a traditional classroom or online environment.
4. James & the Giant Peach Activities
Reading ''James and the Giant Peach''? These engaging, easily adaptable activities will increase comprehension and engagement among your students using materials you have handy.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the James and the Giant Peach Study Guide course