About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering Volume 2 chapter summaries of Jane Eyre will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to understand the key components of each Volume 2 chapter of this novel. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing what happens in the chapters from Volume 2 of Jane Eyre
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual and auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Watch each video in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Jane Eyre Volume 2 Chapter Summaries chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Jane Eyre Volume 2 Chapter Summaries chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about the specific events that occurred in each chapter of Volume 2 of Jane Eyre for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Analysis of the plotlines in chapters 16-26
- Exploration of the character relationships developing in these chapters
- Review of the theme and setting elements found in this volume
1. Jane Eyre Chapter 16 Summary
This lesson provides a summary of Chapter 16 of ''Jane Eyre,'' in which the plot twists yet again in several directions. Things which seemed certain in the last chapter are called into question, and courses which seemed set are altered.
2. Jane Eyre Chapter 17 Summary
In chapter 17 of ''Jane Eyre,'' Mr. Rochester returns to Thornfield with an accompaniment of guests, and poor Jane struggles to adhere to her resolve to disentangle herself from her affection for him.
3. Jane Eyre Chapter 18 Summary
This lesson provides a summary of Chapter 18 of ''Jane Eyre'', in which Jane continues to love Mr. Rochester despite his obvious focus on Miss Ingram. Two unexpected visitors arrive at Thornfield.
4. Jane Eyre Chapter 19 Summary
This lesson provides a summary of chapter 19 of ''Jane Eyre.'' In this chapter, Jane is called in to see the gypsy fortune teller, and we learn that things are not always as they seem!
5. Jane Eyre Chapter 20 Summary
This lesson provides an overview of Chapter 20 of ''Jane Eyre.'' In this chapter, Jane awakes in the dead of night to find another horror perpetrated by the mysterious resident of the third floor.
6. Jane Eyre Chapter 21 Summary
This lesson provides an overview of Chapter 21 of ''Jane Eyre,'' in which Jane receives some news from Gateshead which causes her to ask Mr. Rochester for a leave of absence.
7. Jane Eyre Chapter 22 Summary
This lesson provides a summary of ''Jane Eyre's'' Chapter 22, where we see Jane wrapping up her stay at Gateshead. Jane's return to Thornfield and to Mr. Rochester is fraught with emotion and uncertainty.
8. Jane Eyre Chapter 23 Summary
Chapter 23 is pivotal in the plot of Jane Eyre. It contains both a dramatic climax, in Rochester's marriage proposal to Jane, and foreshadows what is to come. Equally important is Jane's firm declaration of her sense of self.
9. Jane Eyre Chapter 24 Summary
This lesson provides an overview of the 24th chapter of ''Jane Eyre,'' in which Jane struggles to keep her head out of the proverbial clouds, despite her delirious happiness at the prospect of becoming Mr. Rochester's wife.
10. Jane Eyre Chapter 25 Summary
This lesson will provide an overview of chapter 25 of ''Jane Eyre,'' which takes place the day before Jane's wedding. Jane is troubled by something that happened the night before, and Mr. Rochester tries to allay her fears.
11. Jane Eyre Chapter 26 Summary
This lesson provides an overview of Chapter 26 of ''Jane Eyre,'' in which there is a shocking revelation. Many mysteries are made plain, and at least one heart is broken.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.