About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering Volume 3 chapter summaries of Jane Eyre will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to understand the key components of each Volume 3 chapter of this novel. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing what happens in the chapters from Volume 3 of Jane Eyre
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual and auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Watch each video in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Jane Eyre Volume 3 Chapter Summaries chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Jane Eyre Volume 3 Chapter Summaries chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about the specific events that occurred in each chapter of Volume 3 of Jane Eyre for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Detailed overview of chapters 27-38
- Analysis of how characters have developed from the beginning of the novel to the end
- Examination of the novel's conclusion
1. Jane Eyre Chapter 27 Summary
This lesson provides an overview of Chapter 27 of ''Jane Eyre,'' in which Jane is very strong and very miserable. She resolves to leave Thornfield and Mr. Rochester despite her persistent love for him.
2. Jane Eyre Chapter 28 Summary
This lesson provides an overview of Chapter 28 of Charlotte Bronte's ''Jane Eyre,'' during which Jane is alone, hungry, and miserable. Will she find some help and comfort in the end?
3. Jane Eyre Chapter 29 Summary
This lesson provides an overview of Chapter 29 of Charlotte Bronte's ''Jane Eyre,'' in which Jane begins to recover from her shock and hardship in the care of strangers.
4. Jane Eyre Chapter 30 Summary
This lesson provides an overview of Chapter 30 of Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre, in which Jane recovers completely and passes an enjoyable month at Moor House with Diana and Mary Rivers.
5. Jane Eyre Chapter 31 Summary
This lesson provides an overview of Chapter 31 of Jane Eyre, in which Jane has a job and a home but still struggles with the effects of her decision to leave Mr. Rochester.
6. Jane Eyre Chapter 32 Summary
This lesson provides an overview of Chapter 32 of Jane Eyre, in which Jane persists in her job as mistress of the village school despite her continued struggle with her past. We also learn more about St. John and Rosamond Oliver.
7. Jane Eyre Chapter 33 Summary
This lesson provides an overview of chapter 33 of Jane Eyre. In this chapter, Jane's true identity is discovered and she learns two things that will change the course of her life forever.
8. Jane Eyre Chapter 34 Summary
This lesson provides an overview of Chapter 34 of Jane Eyre in which we see Jane, St. John, Mary, and Diana all embarking on their next phase of life after their unexpected inheritance.
9. Jane Eyre Chapter 35 Summary
This lesson provides an overview of chapter 35 of ''Jane Eyre.'' In this chapter, Jane endures tension and disdain from St. John after her refusal of his marriage proposal.
10. Jane Eyre Chapter 36 Summary
This lesson provides an overview of chapter 36 of Jane Eyre. In this chapter, St. John is still intent on marrying Jane, but Jane has other plans--she must find Mr. Rochester!
11. Jane Eyre Chapter 37 Summary
This lesson provides an overview of chapter 37 of Jane Eyre. In this chapter, Jane finally finds Mr. Rochester and the two are reunited. Does a happy ending await them after so much hardship?
12. Jane Eyre Chapter 38 Summary
The final chapter of Jane Eyre further explores the love Jane and Rochester share. After bringing Adele home, Rochester's sight begins to return, and then he and Jane expand their family. The couple also discovers that Jane's cousins have found joy.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.