About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning work-related terms in French will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn occupational vocabulary in French. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding work-related French words related to business, computers and law
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning French (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn vocabulary related to various professions in French
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra French learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Jobs in French: Vocabulary & Phrases chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Jobs in French: Vocabulary & Phrases chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any French vocabulary question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a jobs and professions unit of a standard French course. Topics covered include:
- Banking terms in French
- French business vocabulary
- Computer terminology
- Office vocabulary
- French legal words
- French technology terms
- Words for office supplies in French
1. French Banking Terms
They say money can't buy happiness, but you probably wouldn't want to travel or live abroad without access to some. In this lesson, you will learn the French expressions and vocabulary you'll need to use at the bank.
2. French Business Vocabulary
True, English is the main language used in the business world today. But if you're in France for business, you might bump into CEOs and associates who prefer to use French. In this lesson, we'll go over the basic French business vocabulary in case that happens.
3. French Computer Terms
Are you tech-savvy? Perhaps you use a computer for your job? There are many kinds of computers and accessories, and there are French terms for these technology tools! In this lesson, we'll go over the basic French computer terms.
4. French Office Vocabulary
As an adult, you may spend most of your weekdays at the office, with your colleagues, and at your desk. Let's cover the basics of French office vocabulary so that you don't miss out on the conversation!
5. Office Supplies in French
This lesson will provide an overview of office supply vocabulary in French. We will start off by learning some key terms related to office supplies and accessories, and we will also go over some office furniture and technology vocabulary.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic French: Help & Review course
- Basic French Vocabulary
- Basic French Spelling & Pronunciation
- French Sentence Structure
- French Nouns & Pronouns
- Basic French Verbs
- French Verb Tenses & Conjugation
- French Adjectives & Adverbs
- French Expressions
- Places in French: Vocabulary & Phrases
- Animals in French: Vocabulary & Phrases
- Writing in French
- Food in French: Vocabulary & Phrases
- Culture in French: Vocabulary & Phrases
- The Home in French: Vocabulary & Phrases
- Sports & Activities in French: Vocabulary & Phrases