About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help studying the chapters of Johnny Tremain will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about each section of the book. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in their reading of Johnny Tremain
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Watch each video in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Johnny Tremain Chapter Summaries exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction makes the chapters easy to understand.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Johnny Tremain Chapter Summaries chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question on Johnny Tremain. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about each individual chapter of Johnny Tremain for a standard English course. Topics covered include:
- Summaries of chapters 1-12 of Johnny Tremain
- In-depth studies of each chapter
- Details about significant characters and events throughout the novel
1. Johnny Tremain Chapter 1 Summary
Chapter One of ''Johnny Tremain'' introduces the reader to the setting of colonial Boston, the apprentice boys, and the Lapham family. Read this lesson for a quick summary of the highlights of the all-important first chapter.
2. Johnny Tremain Chapter 2 Summary
Chapter Two's events are difficult for the perfect Johnny Tremain to handle. Read the following lesson to learn what is so challenging for Johnny and the reactions of the others who witnessed it.
3. Johnny Tremain Chapter 3 Summary
In chapter 3, Johnny struggles to adjust after his injury. Life is moving on without him in the Laphams' household, he's not feeling welcome anywhere, and he can't get a fresh start with a new job. But at the end of the chapter, Johnny gets an idea!
4. Johnny Tremain Chapter 4 Summary
'Johnny Tremain' continues to take twists and turns in chapter 4. Johnny is tested like he never has been before, and his true friends rally around him in his time of need!
5. Johnny Tremain Chapter 5 Summary
Chapter five of Esther Forbes's 'Johnny Tremaine' marks a fresh start for Johnny, as he moves on after his courtroom win over Merchant Lyte. Johnny creates a new life for himself with the help of Rab, and he gains some of his healthy confidence back.
6. Johnny Tremain Chapter 6 Summary
Chapter six sees Johnny increase his involvement with the political groups in Boston and participate in the Boston Tea Party. Read the following lesson to learn how Johnny gets involved in an uprising against England!
7. Johnny Tremain Chapter 7 Summary
Chapter 7 describes a change in Boston and a change in Johnny's relationships with people from his past. Johnny will also learn that Sam Adams has an ally in a very unlikely place.
8. Johnny Tremain Chapter 8 Summary
In chapter 8, Johnny gets some important questions answered while the climate of Boston changes and tension increases between the colonists and the British.
9. Johnny Tremain Chapter 9 Summary
Not all is as it seems in Boston in chapter 9 of 'Johnny Tremain'. Some unexpected Whig supporters make themselves known to Johnny, while quiet movements are made heading toward war.
10. Johnny Tremain Chapter 10 Summary
Chapter 10 of 'Johnny Tremain' finally marks what all the rebels have suspected for some time: war is beginning. Johnny plays a part in piecing together clues of the British plans, and telling important rebels about their movements.
11. Johnny Tremain Chapter 11 Summary
Chapter 11 of Johnny Tremain is entitled Yankee Doodle. It describes in detail Johnny's experiences on April 20th, the morning after the Revolutionary War has officially started, as he gathers information to pass on to his fellow countrymen in Lexington.
12. Johnny Tremain Chapter 12 Summary
Even though it's the final chapter, chapter 12 of 'Johnny Tremain' marks a real beginning for Johnny. Life will be quite different Johnny once the chapter ends, but it is also quite promising!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.