About This Chapter
Johnny Tremain Resources for Teachers - Chapter Summary
To help students understand the book Johnny Tremain, it's good to develop lessons that ask thought-provoking questions and feature activities that encourage student participation. This chapter offers fantastic resources for teachers you can use to meet your lesson development goals. Among those resources are:
- Activities specifically geared for Johnny Tremain
- A lesson plan that offers comprehensive guidance for teaching Johnny Tremain
- Comprehension and discussion questions addressing concepts in the book
These resources make it easy for you to develop comprehensive lessons that will benefit your students. Access them as often as needed, and even utilize them during class to enhance your discussions.
How It Helps
- Sparks new ideas: Use the questions in this chapter to stimulate discussions and spark new ideas about the book.
- Offers convenience: Enjoy the ability to access lessons conveniently from your smartphone, computer or tablet any time, day or night.
- Aids in quality lesson development: The lesson plan, questions and other resources offer the variety you need to develop well-rounded lessons.
Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Incorporate fun Johnny Tremain activities into your lesson plan
- Utilize this chapter's lesson plan ideas to enhance your classroom instruction
- Get students involved in discussions with help from engaging questions
1. Johnny Tremain Activities
''Johnny Tremain'' is a testimony in overcoming adversities, while exploring important events in American history. The following activities will enhance students' comprehension of those events and the story line.
2. Johnny Tremain Lesson Plan
In the children's novel, 'Johnny Tremain', the titular character is bossy, arrogant, and cruel, until a life changing accident occurs, and he is left destitute. Through some new friends, Johnny learns to treat others with respect and to fight for what he believes in. This lesson plan will show Johnny's transformation, along with the transformation of the new America.
3. Johnny Tremain Comprehension & Discussion Questions
Help students deepen understanding of the novel ''Johnny Tremain'' with this lesson. Comprehension and discussion questions guide students into literary elements such as plot, characters and setting.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.