About This Chapter
Judy Blume Books Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
With this chapter you will have an opportunity to look over examples of lesson plans, activities and questions related to a few of the books written by the popular author Judy Blume. The books covered in this chapter include:
- Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing
- Freckel Juice
Use these resources to help compose your own effective lesson plans. They have been placed in short, mobile device compatible lessons so that you may access them whenever you need to.
How It Helps
- Learning objectives: Use these resources to create your own lesson plans and set relevant learning objectives within them.
- Homework or classwork suggestions: Discover questions you can use to assess your students' comprehension of these books and either create in-class assessments or homework worksheets.
- Activities or games: Learn of new activities and games related to these books and use them to increase your students' classroom participation.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning reading lessons easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific Judy Blume books you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your reading class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Freckle Juice, and Superfudge lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important reading concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant Judy Blume book activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing Lesson Plan
Are your students reading Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing? Use this Study.com lesson plan to give them an overview of the plot and look at characters or use after reading to review concepts. Application activity is included, along with extension activities.
2. Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing Activities
Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing is a classic children's novel that can be fun to read with children of various ages. This lesson gives you some ideas for activities that will help your students enjoy the book.
3. Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing Questions
''Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing'' is a fun and entertaining story your students will loves. Help guide and assess comprehension using these questions for students at all levels focusing on characters, setting and plot.
4. Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing Comprehension Questions
'Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing' is a book that is much beloved by students, teachers and parents alike. This lesson gives you some ideas about questions that will push your students' comprehension of this classic text.
5. Superfudge Comprehension Questions
Teachers, utilize this lesson to confirm your students read the book. Further probe their critical thinking skills by assigning It's All About What You Think questions. This lesson may be used in a traditional classroom or in an online environment.
6. Superfudge by Judy Blume Activities
'Superfudge' is the third book in a series and continues following Judy Blume's relatable characters. Teachers can use these activities to help students learn about the characters and other story elements.
7. Freckle Juice Lesson Plan
The novel 'Freckle Juice' is a children's classic. Use this lesson plan to help students review and summarize the plot. Students then analyze characters and determine their contribution to events in the story.
8. Freckle Juice Comprehension Questions
Help your students deepen their understanding of the novel 'Freckle Juice' with these comprehension questions. Pick and choose from a range of levels and literary aspects, such as plot, characters or setting.
9. Otherwise Known As Sheila the Great Activities
'Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great' is a chapter book by Judy Blume that fits into the ~'Fudge~' series. Use the activities in this asset to make the book come alive and leave a lasting impression on young readers.
10. Double Fudge by Judy Blume Activities
In the book 'Double Fudge' we get another glimpse into the life of Fudge Hatcher as imagined by author, Judy Blume. The activities in this asset can be used to reinforce learning after reading this fun story.
11. Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret Discussion Questions
'Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret' is an enduring novel by Judy Blume about an 11-year-old girl facing puberty. The following discussion questions are for classroom use.
12. Fudge-a-Mania Discussion Questions
''Fudge-a-Mania'' is a fun story to read in your elementary or middle school classroom. Use these discussion questions to help students think critically about the plot and characters in this Judy Blume classic.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Famous Children's Authors Lesson Plans course
- Teaching Eric Carle Books
- Ezra Jack Keats Books Lesson Plans
- Teaching Patricia Polacco Books
- Dr. Seuss Books Lesson Plans
- Teaching Kevin Henkes Books
- Teaching Books by Marc Brown
- Teaching Beverly Cleary Books
- Teaching Cynthia Rylant Books
- Teaching Pam Munoz Ryan Books
- Teaching Books by Jan Brett
- Books by Jean Craighead George Lesson Plans
- Gary Paulsen Books Lesson Plans & Activities
- Roald Dahl Books Lesson Plans
- Jerry Spinelli Books Lesson Plans
- Louis Sachar Books Lesson Plans
- Teaching Peg Kehret Books
- Teaching Leo Lionni Books