About This Chapter
Key Customer Service Skills & Strategies - Chapter Summary
This chapter's lessons examine the information and skills your customer service representatives should possess. Your employees can explore:
- Ways to understand customers and personalize your approach to customer service
- Strategies for retaining customers, such as over delivering
- Methods of increasing productivity through goal setting
- How to tackle customer service problems
- Maintaining standard operating procedures
These lessons use plenty of examples that can help your employees understand and develop effective customer service techniques. Lesson quizzes and chapter exams test their comprehension of key topics, and a comprehensive final exam verifies understanding of important points from the entire course.
How It Helps
- Emphasizes understanding: Employees can learn to analyze the customer's state of mind and apply basic concepts of behavioral psychology to reach an agreement.
- Generates repeat business: Well-trained customer service representatives know the techniques to keep customers happy and coming back.
- Develops problem-solving skills:By understanding and utilizing the concepts in this chapter, employees can learn to prevent and defuse problematic situations with customers.
- Standardizes customer service procedures: Good customer service involves getting everyone on the same page in regards to your organization's practices. Both customers and employees can benefit if there are standard policies for various procedures.
After studying these lessons, employees will be able to:
- Analyze how to personalize service to meet the customer's particular needs
- Use persuasive techniques and positive language to keep customers satisfied
- Handle a variety of challenges related to customer service
- Understand your organization's standard procedures regarding customer service
1. How to Personalize Customer Service
Customer service always sends a message when the service itself is personalized from the efforts of the employee, which usually improves sales. Learn more about customer service experience, using empathy, body language, and providing personalized attention in sales.
2. Strategies for Generating Repeat Business & Increasing Productivity
Generating repeat clientele sales and increasing productivity can happen after investment in learning about adequate strategic movements in business. Learn more about repeat customer importance, how to make purchasing accessible, and how to send target emails.
3. How to Handle Challenges in Customer Service
Customer service is a good and reliable career but challenges can arise which can be helped by using strategy and diffusion. Learn about handling challenges in the service industry, job descriptions, prevention and how to know when help is needed.
4. Practical Application: Dealing with Customer Service Challenges
People in direct customer service roles will always face challenging situations and customers. However, by using best practices, excellent customer service is possible even under less than ideal conditions.
5. The Importance of a Standard Operating Procedure in Customer Service
Creating consistency in customer service while serving a range of clients can be achieved by applying standard operating procedures. Learn more about standard operating procedures, creating consistency, procedure manuals and building service skills.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the Developing Strong Customer Service Skills course