About This Chapter
Key Customer Service Skills & Strategies - Chapter Summary
This chapter's lessons examine the information and skills your customer service representatives should possess. Your employees can explore:
- Ways to understand customers and personalize your approach to customer service
- Strategies for retaining customers, such as over delivering
- Methods of increasing productivity through goal setting
- How to tackle customer service problems
- Maintaining standard operating procedures
These lessons use plenty of examples that can help your employees understand and develop effective customer service techniques. Lesson quizzes and chapter exams test their comprehension of key topics, and a comprehensive final exam verifies understanding of important points from the entire course.
How It Helps
- Emphasizes understanding: Employees can learn to analyze the customer's state of mind and apply basic concepts of behavioral psychology to reach an agreement.
- Generates repeat business: Well-trained customer service representatives know the techniques to keep customers happy and coming back.
- Develops problem-solving skills:By understanding and utilizing the concepts in this chapter, employees can learn to prevent and defuse problematic situations with customers.
- Standardizes customer service procedures: Good customer service involves getting everyone on the same page in regards to your organization's practices. Both customers and employees can benefit if there are standard policies for various procedures.
After studying these lessons, employees will be able to:
- Analyze how to personalize service to meet the customer's particular needs
- Use persuasive techniques and positive language to keep customers satisfied
- Handle a variety of challenges related to customer service
- Understand your organization's standard procedures regarding customer service
1. How to Personalize Customer Service
This lesson will review basic social interactions, body language, and utilization of empathy with customers. The lesson will also discuss providing customer service that is personalized.
2. Strategies for Generating Repeat Business & Increasing Productivity
Many customers have strong loyalties to certain stores, restaurants, and other businesses. What keeps them coming back, time and time again? This lesson discusses some of the methods that organizations use to generate repeat business and how these methods can increase productivity.
3. How to Handle Challenges in Customer Service
If you have worked in any customer service position, you know that you will encounter some difficult customer situations. If you are new to customer service, you may soon be faced with this situation. Remember, a little prevention can go a long way.
4. Practical Application: Dealing with Customer Service Challenges
People in direct customer service roles will always face challenging situations and customers. However, by using best practices, excellent customer service is possible even under less than ideal conditions.
5. The Importance of a Standard Operating Procedure in Customer Service
Have you ever called a company and realized every person you spoke with gave you different information? Creating standard operating procedures is a method used to create consistency. Learn how this also increases employee and customer satisfaction in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Developing Strong Customer Service Skills course