About This Chapter
Kindergarten TEKS - Chapter Summary
Inside this chapter are several lessons that each address different aspects of kindergarten TEKS and how to apply these guidelines to lesson plans and activities in the classroom. Among some of the things you will learn, a few of the covered topics include:
- TEKS guidelines for kindergarten math
- Planning curriculum with the standards for pre-K students
- Guideline-compliant curriculum design for kindergarten
- TEKS principles for science activities
- Social studies lesson plans that promote TEKS
- Standards-appropriate reading lessons and strategies
This chapter on kindergarten TEKS has been carefully separated into individual lessons, and each lesson focuses on a single topic. Use the chapter menu to view all available lessons, and choose which lessons you need to review. Since the lessons can each stand on their own, they can be viewed in any order, and you can revisit all of our lessons as often as you need.
How It Helps
- Uses your time effectively: These teacher resources carefully outline how you can incorporate the standards into your classroom, making it easier and faster to plan your lessons.
- Encourages student learning: Since TEKS already promotes student engagement, the more you learn about how to incorporate the standards, the more your students will learn.
- Provides better resources: This chapter has been prepared by educators who thoroughly understand TEKS and who know how to implement these standards properly, so you can be certain that this resource is of the utmost quality.
After you go through this chapter, you will be able to:
- Organize kindergarten math lessons in line with the standards
- Integrate TEKS with both pre-K and kindergarten curriculum design
- Develop science activities that are in sync with state guidelines
- Design standards-compliant social studies activities
- Utilize TEKS to build enhanced reading lessons
1. Aligning Kindergarten Math with TEKS
If you are a kindergarten teacher in Texas, you might want some advice on how to align your curriculum with TEKS. This lesson offers you an overview of the standards with an eye toward helping you plan.
2. Pre-K Curriculum Planning with TEKS
If you teach Pre-K in the state of Texas, you might be wondering how to get your students ready for kindergarten according to state standards. This lesson provides ideas about how to plan your Pre-K curriculum.
3. Kindergarten Curriculum Planning with TEKS
As a kindergarten teacher in Texas, you know the importance of TEKS. This lesson provides ideas for how to plan your curriculum in alignment with the state standards.
4. Aligning Kindergarten Science with TEKS
If you teach kindergarten in Texas, you know how important it is to align your curriculum with TEKS. This lesson focuses on the science standards and how you can meet them in your teaching.
5. Aligning Kindergarten Social Studies with TEKS
As a kindergarten teacher in Texas, you are tasked with aligning all aspects of your curriculum with TEKS. This lesson focuses on how you can make sure to meet the social studies standards.
6. Aligning Lessons with Kindergarten Reading TEKS
As a kindergarten teacher in Texas, you know how important it is to align your curriculum with TEKS. This lesson will also help you think about how individual lessons are aligned with the standards.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Resources for Texas Educators course