About This Chapter
Knowledge Management in MIS - Chapter Summary
Follow along with our expert instructors to learn or review essential information about knowledge management in MIS. Using an approachable and engaging teaching style, our instructors break down concepts like the knowledge economy, knowledge management theory and the entire knowledge management process. You can use any computer or mobile device to access these lessons, and be sure to complete the chapter's interactive self-assessments. The chapter is also available 24/7, which helps you review knowledge management concepts at any time that fits your schedule. Upon completion of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Define the concept of a knowledge economy
- Summarize the knowledge management process
- Explain how knowledge management can capture, store and share information
- Recognize knowledge management theory, tools, best practices and strategies
- Detail communication skills that are needed in a knowledge economy
1. Knowledge Economy: Definition & Concept
Have you ever heard of the knowledge economy? It has brought, and will continue to bring, changes to the way we work and live and how businesses operate. A short quiz follows the lesson.
2. What is Knowledge Management? - Definition, Process & Examples
Knowledge is an important asset to any company, and what a company does with this knowledge can be a critical component in their success. In this lesson, we'll learn all about knowledge management and the process it entails.
3. Knowledge Management: Capture, Store & Share Information with KM
Knowledge management makes it possible to capture, store, share and utilize the knowledge and experience of an organization. Learn about the different types of knowledge and how knowledge management is implemented in this video lesson.
4. Knowledge Management: Best Practices & Tools
Knowledge management helps organize, store, and share information across an organization. In this lesson, we discuss the tools that are used in an efficient knowledge management system.
5. Knowledge Management: Theory & Strategies
This lesson offers an overview of knowledge, knowledge management (KM) and the theories and strategies an organization can adopt to organize information. After, take the quiz to check on your new knowledge.
6. Communication Skills Needed in a Knowledge Economy
Communication skills in today's work environment are a combination of advanced technologies, the introduction of a knowledge economy and worker understanding of a global village.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 303: Management Information Systems course
- Management Information Systems Concepts
- Business Analysis & Process Models
- Ethical Issues in MIS
- Computer Hardware in MIS
- Computer Software in MIS
- Data Management & Database Management Systems
- Networks & Telecommunications
- Developing Business Information Systems Processes
- Electronic Commerce Information Systems
- Global Business & Marketing Information Systems
- Required Assignments for Business 303
- Studying for Business 303