About This Chapter
KPIs in Marketing - Chapter Summary
Show this chapter to your company's marketing supervisors to help them review important marketing key performance indicators (KPIs). The chapter includes expertly taught lessons that dive into the purpose and functions of marketing metrics, customer acquisition strategies, conversion rate optimization, web analytics tools and much more.
The chapter can be assigned at any time that fits your employees' schedules, and our instructors are available to answer the questions they may have. We've also included short quizzes that reinforce the lesson material.
How It Helps
- Outlines useful marketing strategies: Lessons cover tools, methods and techniques that are used in marketing, email marketing and social media marketing.
- Builds awareness: The chapter helps supervisors develop a thorough understanding of marketing KPIs.
- Strengthens marketing efforts: Supervisors who complete the chapter can apply their understanding of marketing KPIs to improve the effectiveness of their marketing campaigns.
By the end of the chapter, your company's supervisors should be able to:
- Measure the success/failure of marketing plans
- Describe the purpose and role of marketing metrics in the long term
- Interpret marketing metrics and analytics
- Utilize strategies and methods for customer acquisition
- Explain the practical uses of conversion rate optimization
- Test strategies for marketing conversion
- Use web analytics tools
- Recognize metrics for email marketing
- Evaluate the success of social media marketing campaigns
1. Measuring Marketing Plan Successes & Failures
Every company needs to have a plan for marketing. They then need to make sure they are measuring the successes or failures of that plan. This lesson will provide techniques and strategies for doing just that.
2. Marketing Metrics in the Long-Term: Purpose & Role
Marketing metrics are very important to the success of a business. The purposes and goals of marketing metrics are to determine what methods will increase profitability for a company both in the short-term as well as in the long-term.
3. Marketing Analytics & Metrics
In this lesson, we'll describe marketing analytics and metrics as well as predictive analytics and how these are used in today's marketing environment.
4. Customer Acquisition: Strategies, Methods & Analytics
Acquiring customers can be challenging unless you use an effective customer acquisition strategy. This lesson explains how to create a customer acquisition strategy that will help you build your business.
5. What is Conversion Rate Optimization? - Definition & Uses
Conversion rate optimization helps increase the percentage of visitors that visit a website. In this lesson, we will discuss what conversion rate optimization is, how to increase conversion rates, and the importance of A/B testing.
6. Testing Your Conversion Marketing Strategy
Conversion marketing relies on people performing a desired action online. Selecting the right conversion strategy can be tricky, but through analyzing and testing conversion rates, marketers can track the successful and failing methods.
7. Tools for Web Analytics in Marketing
Web analytics tools can give you insight into the behaviors of your site visitors. In this lesson, you'll learn more about their various features and how to use them to improve website performance.
8. Email Marketing Metrics
Email marketing can be a low-cost, effective tool for reaching your customers and prospects. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the metrics you should be tracking to ensure your campaign's success.
9. Measuring the Success of Social Media Marketing
Learn about the metrics that are important in measuring the success of your social media marketing efforts. We also explore options for monitoring your brand online with a social media analytics platform.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.