About This Chapter
Landforms for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
This self-paced chapter makes it easy for elementary school students to study landforms. Our instructors have created entertaining lessons students can explore before, during or after school to better understand the basics of various types of landforms. Mini-quizzes can check students' understanding of the lessons, while the practice exam can test their knowledge of the entire chapter. Any questions students have about topics covered in the lessons can be submitted to our subject-matter experts using the Dashboard.
- Volcanic landform definition and facts
- Glacial landform basics
- Facts about desert landforms
- Details about landforms near various bodies of water
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with landform concepts will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about different types of landforms.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding glacial and desert landforms
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about different types of landforms
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning Earth Science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about landforms
- Students who struggle to understand their Earth Science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra Earth Science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the landform topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about various types of landforms.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands landforms by administering the Landforms for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Volcanic Landforms Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
In this lesson, you'll learn about volcanic landforms. Read on to find out more about how volcanoes form and erupt and their major types of landforms, including lava domes and plateaus, calderas, and craters.
2. Glacial Landforms Lesson for Kids
Grab a warm jacket and some mittens as we journey to the frigid regions of the Earth to investigate how glaciers form and discover the amazing new landforms they create.
3. Desert Landforms Lesson for Kids
In this lesson you will learn about deserts and their landforms. Desert landforms include mesas, buttes, canyons, arroyos, arches, rock pedestals, and more.
4. Landforms Near Bodies of Water: Lesson for Kids
This lesson will take you on a trip to the seashore, where you will learn to spot many different landforms that can be found next to the ocean. Read on to find out about tombolos, spits, and other landforms.
5. Lesson for Kids: What is a Hill? - Definition & Facts
See that mound of dirt over there? Is that a mountain or a hill? In this lesson, you'll learn the difference between them and see how hills are made, and explore some unusual types of hills.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Earth Science for Kids course
- Overview of Astronomy for Elementary School
- Branches of Science for Elementary School
- Climate for Elementary School
- Overview of Geology for Elementary School
- Insects for Elementary School
- Types of Weather for Elementary School
- Understanding Matter for Elementary School
- Volcanoes for Elementary School
- Geologic Time for Elementary School
- Dinosaurs for Kids
- Fossils for Elementary School
- Oceans for Elementary School
- Spheres of the Earth for Elementary School
- Coastal Geography for Elementary School
- Bodies of Water for Elementary School
- Islands for Elementary School
- Lakes for Elementary School
- Landmarks for Elementary School
- Mountains for Elementary School
- Plateaus for Elementary School
- Seas for Elementary School