About This Chapter
Landmarks for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
This online elementary school chapter offers short lessons about landmarks from around the world. Have your students work through these lessons during class or at home to study landmarks from places like Brazil, the United States, Spain, France, Italy, the Philippines and much more. To help you see how well your students understand these concepts, we've included assignable multiple-choice quizzes.
- New York
- The United States
- The Philippines
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning about landmarks will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about famous landmarks from several countries, states and cities.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding facts about different landmarks
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about landmarks
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about earth science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about landmarks
- Students who struggle to understand their earth science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra earth science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the specific landmarks your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about various landmarks from around the world.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands landmark concepts by administering the Landmarks for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Australian Landmarks Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, you will learn about some of Australia's well-known landmarks. We will take a closer look at what attracts tourists from around the world to these landmarks each year.
2. Brazilian Landmarks Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, you will learn about five unique landmarks in Brazil, including man-made ones like the Sao Paulo Cathedral and natural ones like Iguazu Falls waterfalls. We will also learn about two landmarks found in the city of Rio de Janeiro.
3. New York Landmarks Lesson for Kids
Pack your suitcase and bring your camera! In this lesson, you'll be off on a sightseeing trip to see some famous landmarks in the state of New York and in New York City.
4. London Landmarks Facts: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, visiting landmarks of London, England, will take you back in history over one thousand years! Read on to find out about important London landmarks, including Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, and the Tower of London.
5. Spanish Landmarks Lesson for Kids
Let's take a sightseeing trip to Spain! Pack your bags and get ready to visit some famous landmarks that are up to thousands of years old, all of which show the diversity and history of Spain.
6. Spanish Landmarks in the United States: Lesson for Kids
There are many examples of Spanish influence in the United States. In this lesson, you'll learn about three Spanish landmarks representing Spanish influence in Arizona, Florida, and Louisiana.
7. Spanish Landmarks in Texas: Lesson for Kids
Many landmarks in Texas honor the state's Spanish history. In this lesson, learn about several famous Spanish landmarks in Texas and find out the history behind them.
8. Spanish Landmarks in Mexico: Lesson for Kids
Hola! That's Spanish for 'Hello!' In this lesson, you'll visit and learn about some important landmarks in Mexico that were built when the Spanish controlled the country.
9. Spanish Landmarks in the Philippines: Lesson for Kids
Do you know how the country of the Philippines got its name? Find out the answer to that question and learn more about the Spanish influence in the Philippines as you read this lesson.
10. Spanish Landmarks in Florida: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, you will learn about well-known Spanish landmarks in Florida. We will explore the different landmarks, and discover how they were influenced by Spanish culture. We will also learn what tourists can expect upon visiting these landmarks.
11. California Landmarks Lesson for Kids
As one of the largest states in the United States, California is a place with many important landmarks, both historical and modern. This lesson will discuss some of the most famous places that California has to offer.
12. Lesson for Kids: What is a Landmark? - Definition & Facts
There are landmarks across the world that hold great importance. In this lesson, you will learn about what a landmark is and facts about some of the most well-known landmarks in the United States and other countries.
13. Italian Landmarks Lesson for Kids
From arts and architecture, to ancient ruins and beautiful geography, Italy has a wide variety of interesting landmarks. This lesson will explore a few of the most famous places in Italy.
14. Landmarks in France Lesson for Kids
Get your passport ready to travel through the beautiful country of France! In this lesson, you'll learn about several important French landmarks, including the Eiffel Tower and Mont Blanc.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Earth Science for Kids course
- Overview of Astronomy for Elementary School
- Branches of Science for Elementary School
- Climate for Elementary School
- Overview of Geology for Elementary School
- Insects for Elementary School
- Types of Weather for Elementary School
- Understanding Matter for Elementary School
- Volcanoes for Elementary School
- Geologic Time for Elementary School
- Dinosaurs for Kids
- Fossils for Elementary School
- Oceans for Elementary School
- Landforms for Elementary School
- Spheres of the Earth for Elementary School
- Coastal Geography for Elementary School
- Bodies of Water for Elementary School
- Islands for Elementary School
- Lakes for Elementary School
- Mountains for Elementary School
- Plateaus for Elementary School
- Seas for Elementary School