About This Chapter
Language Arts Games for 2nd Grade - Chapter Summary
With this chapter, you will review different games you can use to help your 2nd grade students improve their language arts skills. Incorporate these games into your lessons to improve your students' skills and understanding regarding:
- Reading comprehension
- Journal writing
These games and activities are presented in short articles that are mobile device-compatible so that you can view them whenever you need, as long as you have access to an Internet-ready mobile device.
How It Helps
- Enhances student participation: Incorporate these games and activities into your lessons to get your students engaged with learning.
- Effectively builds student academic skills: This chapter will provide your students with an interactive way to improve their language art skills that will carry over into other areas of academia.
- Improves student understanding: The hands-on approach of these activities will help students reinforce their understanding of the language arts.
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Incorporate interactive activities into your lessons about the language arts
- Increase student participation in the classroom
- Help students improve their reading and writing skills, including spelling, journaling and comprehension
1. 2nd Grade Reading Comprehension Games
Second grade students are becoming more serious readers and beginning to need comprehension skills. This lesson gives you ideas for games you can create to use in your classroom.
2. 2nd Grade Phonics Games
Second grade students are in that sweet spot with reading acquisition - familiar with most basic alphabetic principles and catching on to relationships among letters. Use these fun games to reinforce phonics skills.
3. Reading Games for 2nd Grade
Learning to read takes a while, but it's well worth the effort! Help your second grade students have some fun while practicing those crucial literacy skills.
4. Spelling Games for 2nd Grade
Second grade students are eager to be good spellers, but sometimes lack the necessary tools to be proficient. This lesson provides engaging games students will love to play over and over.
5. Noun Games for 2nd Grade
Singular, plural, and possessive. Proper nouns and regular nouns. People, places, and things. There's a lot to learn about nouns. Help students have fun as they explore nouns with a few of these noun games for second graders.
6. Guided Reading Activities for 2nd Grade
Creating fun, interactive reading activities for 2nd graders can be challenging but can make a big difference in children's success. This lesson helps teachers create several fun activities for reading groups.
7. 2nd Grade Journal Prompts
Second grade reading prompts should be fun and stress-free so students can focus on formatting and structure. Common Core Standards require that students can compose three different types of writing. This lesson gives sample writing prompts for each of the types of writing required.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Language Arts: Lesson Plans & Games course
- Dialogue Lesson Plans & Activities
- Punctuation Lesson Plans & Resources
- Linguistics Lesson Plans & Resources
- Compare & Contrast Lesson Plans & Activities
- Language Arts Lesson Plans
- Phonics & Spelling Lesson Plans
- Vocabulary Lesson Plans & Activities
- Language Arts Games for 1st Grade
- Language Arts Games for 3rd Grade
- Language Arts Games for 4th Grade
- Language Arts Games for 5th Grade
- Language Arts Games for 6th Grade
- Language Arts Games for 7th Grade
- Language Arts Games for 8th Grade