About This Chapter
Language Arts Games for 7th Grade - Chapter Summary
The lesson in this chapter elaborates on activities and other ideas that may help you include learning games in your lesson plans for 7th grade students. Among other topics, you will go over the following:
- Approaches to reading games
- Games that build student vocabularies
- In-class grammar activities
- Interactive games to improve spelling skills
While there are many teaching resources out there, not all of them cater to your needs like we do. For starters, we know you need access to this information 24/7, so that's exactly what we give you. Furthermore, we know your time is limited, which is why each of the lessons in this chapter can be completed in less than 10 minutes.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: You'll get an opportunity to review some of the latest game ideas and activity approaches, which can improve the effectiveness of your teaching.
- Improves student skills: By implementing this information into your lesson plans, students can practice language arts skills and play fun game simultaneously.
- Provides step-by-step guidance: Our instructors give you easy-to-follow instructions for every game and activity, so even if you have never used games in class before, these lessons will walk you through the process.
When you complete this chapter, you should be ready to:
- Develop games that challenge student reading skills
- Explain the goals and rules for in-class vocabulary games
- Integrate fun grammar activities into your lesson plans
- Design spelling games for teams and individuals
1. 7th Grade Reading Games
Reading doesn't have to be a chore. Turn every reading session into an activity with some of these seventh grade reading games, helping them learn and have fun at the same time.
2. 7th Grade Vocabulary Games
Vocabulary is valuable. It improves students' reading, writing, self expression, and ability to learn. Make the all-important process of learning vocabulary fun, with a few of these ideas for 7th grade vocabulary games.
3. 7th Grade Grammar Games
English grammar rules are hardly simple. Anything we can do to make the process of learning grammar easier is worthwhile. So, try out some of these fun grammar games, which work well for seventh graders.
4. 7th Grade Spelling Games
Learning to spell opens up so many doors for reading, writing, and future learning. Help them turn the key with these spelling games for seventh graders
5. Personification Games & Activities
Personification may seem very weird to students, until they realize how common it is in books, TV, and movies. Help students understand personification with these fun games and activities.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Language Arts: Lesson Plans & Games course
- Dialogue Lesson Plans & Activities
- Punctuation Lesson Plans & Resources
- Linguistics Lesson Plans & Resources
- Compare & Contrast Lesson Plans & Activities
- Language Arts Lesson Plans
- Phonics & Spelling Lesson Plans
- Vocabulary Lesson Plans & Activities
- Language Arts Games for 1st Grade
- Language Arts Games for 2nd Grade
- Language Arts Games for 3rd Grade
- Language Arts Games for 4th Grade
- Language Arts Games for 5th Grade
- Language Arts Games for 6th Grade
- Language Arts Games for 8th Grade