About This Chapter
Language Arts Games for 8th Grade - Chapter Summary
Our instructors utilize the lessons in this chapter to provide 8th grade language arts teachers with some guidance about using games in the classroom. The chapter discusses various game ideas, and some of those are as follows:
- Vocabulary-building games
- Games to improve reading skills and comprehension
- Enhancing grammar knowledge through game play
You will have access to this information around the clock, so whether you need a game idea for a unit you're teaching next week or for your class that starts in the next five minutes, we have you covered. All of our chapters are streaming online, so you can use practically any wi-fi device to review the details. Since each individual lesson only takes a few minutes to go over, you can get the information you need quickly without any hassle.
How It Helps
- Gives you more tools: Our teacher resources have been built by experienced educators, so you know you will be adding tried and tested tools to your curriculum.
- Increases student engagement: Use these games to change up how you teach language arts and to get your students excited about learning.
- Changes your perspective: It's easy to get stuck in a teaching rut, but trying out different approaches, like these games, can give you a new perspective on key topics.
After you complete this chapter, you will be able to:
- Institute games that focus on increasing student vocabulary
- Develop collaborative reading games that encourage student participation
- Make grammar lessons more enjoyable through games and group activities
1. 8th Grade Vocabulary Games
We've all experienced a moment when we just didn't have the right words, so everyone can benefit from expanding their vocabulary. Help your eighth graders expand their own vocabularies with these ideas for fun classroom games.
2. 8th Grade Reading Games
Eighth-graders have variable reading skills. Some can read as well as adults, and others are still struggling. Help your entire class improve their skills by letting them play one of these reading games.
3. 8th Grade Grammar Games
Grammar is something that students can struggle with mightily and, to some extent, you never stop learning. Make it easier on them and you by trying out some of these 8th grade grammar games.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Language Arts: Lesson Plans & Games course
- Dialogue Lesson Plans & Activities
- Punctuation Lesson Plans & Resources
- Linguistics Lesson Plans & Resources
- Compare & Contrast Lesson Plans & Activities
- Language Arts Lesson Plans
- Phonics & Spelling Lesson Plans
- Vocabulary Lesson Plans & Activities
- Language Arts Games for 1st Grade
- Language Arts Games for 2nd Grade
- Language Arts Games for 3rd Grade
- Language Arts Games for 4th Grade
- Language Arts Games for 5th Grade
- Language Arts Games for 6th Grade
- Language Arts Games for 7th Grade