About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Language Development chapter into a 5-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||Stages of language development||Pre-linguistic and linguistic language development|
|Tuesday||Continuation of stages of language development||Symbolic language development, syntax development|
|Wednesday||Environmental effects on language development||Examples and reasons for language development changes in certain environments|
|Thursday||Cultural influences on language development||Language styles, behaviorist theory, interactionist perspective|
|Friday||The Nativist perspective||Noam Chomsky, language acquisition device|
1. Stages of Language Development: Pre-Linguistic and Symbolic Language
How does language expression emerge in children? Learn about the development of syntax in children through the pre-linguistic and linguistic stages of language development in this lesson.
2. The Effects of Environment and Culture on Language Development
Both environmental and cultural factors have an impact on early language development. This lesson will provide examples to consider and discuss possible reasons for this impact.
3. The Nativist Perspective and Language Development
In this lesson, learn how we develop language according to the nativist perspective. Discover Noam Chomsky's idea of the language acquisition device (LAD) and its role in this process.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Human Growth & Development Syllabus Resource & Lesson Plans course
- Theoretical Approaches to Human Growth and Development Lesson Plans
- Research Methods and the Study of Human Growth and Development Lesson Plans
- Genetic Influences on Development Lesson Plans
- Biological Development Lesson Plans
- Sensory and Perceptual Development Lesson Plans
- Cognition and Cognitive Development Lesson Plans
- Creativity and Intelligence Development Lesson Plans
- Social Development Lesson Plans
- Social Relationship Development Lesson Plans
- Atypical Development Lesson Plans