About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your Latin America since 1900 homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your Latin America since 1900 homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Causes and aftermath of the Mexican Revolution
- Falklands War
- Chilean Revolution and Pinochet
- Juan Peron and Peronism
- Cuban Revolution
- North American Integration and NAFTA
- Brazilian democratic reform
- Causes of Latin American migration to the U.S.
- Post-war Latin American politics
1. The Mexican Revolution: Causes & Initial Events
The Mexican Revolution started in response to the dictatorship of Porfirio Diaz. In this video, we look at the causes of the Revolution, and then explore the initial events that led to the removal of Diaz.
2. The Mexican Revolution: Aftermath & Effects
In this video, we examine the civil war that broke out in Mexico after Porfirio Diaz was removed from power as the various parties competed with each other for power. A quiz will follow.
3. Causes of the Falklands War: Argentina vs. England
In this lesson, we will learn about the historical background of the Falkland Islands War, the timeline of events of the war, and the consequences of the war for Argentina.
4. Single-Party Rule in Mexico and the Fall of the PRI
This lesson will trace the rise and fall of Mexico's PRI party. In doing so, it will highlight its dominance, the presidency of Cardenas, and the political corruption under Portillo.
5. Dictatorships in Hispaniola: Duvalier in Haiti & Trujillo in the Dominican Republic
This lesson will highlight the brutal dictatorships of Haiti and the Dominican Republic. In doing so, it will chronicle the regimes of Duvalier and Trujillo. It will also note US involvement in these countries.
6. Events in Latin America During the Cold War
This lesson will discuss Latin America and the Cold War. It will highlight Guatemala, Nicaragua, Cuba. It will also discuss the tensions between the US and the former Soviet Union.
7. The Chilean Revolution & Augusto Pinochet
In this video, we learn about the circumstances under which Salvador Allende, South America's first democratically elected president, was removed from power in a military coup d'etat. We also learn about the role of the United States in the removal of Allende and the rise of a military dictator Augusto Pinochet in Chile.
8. Causes & Consequences of the Guatemalan Civil War
This lesson will explore the events of the Guatemalan Civil War. In doing this, it will highlight the Mayan population as well as the many military figures that ruled Guatemala during this 36-year conflict.
9. Juan Peron and Peronism in Argentina
In this video, we learn about Juan Peron, the President of Argentina from 1946-1955 and from 1973-1974. We learn about his rise to and fall from power and about his vague political ideology, which he called Justicialism.
10. The Nicaraguan Revolution: The Somoza Regime & Sandinistas
This lesson will explain the events of the Nicaraguan Revolution. In doing so, it will highlight U.S. involvement as well as the brutality and violence of the Somoza regime and the Sandinista rebels.
11. The Cuban Revolution: Causes & Effects
This lesson will detail the events of the Cuban Revolution. In doing so, it will highlight the reign of Batista, guerrilla tactics, Castro's promises of freedom, and his eventual alliance with communism.
12. NAFTA & North American Integration: Reasons & Effects
This lesson will explore the North American integration that occurred through NAFTA. In doing this, it will define tariffs, while also discussing the arguments for and against this famous agreement.
13. Social & Economic Changes in Latin America: 1900-1950
This lesson explores Latin America during the first half of the 20th century. It highlights the economic strains linked to World War I. It also discusses U.S. involvement in the region.
14. Military Rule & Democratic Reform in Brazil
This lesson will track the political events of Brazil from the 1950s to the 1980s. It will focus on the conflict between reform and military rule, while also defining the Abertura Process.
15. Causes of Latin American Migration to the United States
This video examines the causes of Latin American migration to the United States. In particular, we look at 5 theories of Latin American migration and highlight them with examples of different kinds of Latin American migration.
16. Organization of American States: History & Goals
Today's lesson will focus on the Organization of American States' (OAS) past and present. The lesson will highlight the OAS's ties to the Cold War, as well as its pursuit of economic prosperity for those living in the Western Hemisphere.
17. Post-war Latin American Politics
This lesson explores the political events occurring in post-World War II Latin America. We highlight the impact of the Cold War and American intervention.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School World History: Homework Help Resource course
- Foundational Concepts of World History: Homework Help
- Geography: Homework Help
- Major Belief Systems of the World: Homework Help
- Early Civilization of World History: Homework Help
- Early Civilizations of World History: Homework Help
- Ancient Civilizations in the Near East: Homework Help
- Early Chinese Civilization: Homework Help
- Early Indian Civilization: Homework Help
- History of Ancient Greece: Homework Help
- Hellenism and the Athenian Achievement: Homework Help
- The Rise of the Roman Republic: Homework Help
- History of the Fall of Rome: Homework Help
- The Rise of Christianity: Homework Help
- The Eastern Mediterranean: Homework Help
- Introduction to the Dark Ages: Homework Help
- African History: Homework Help
- The Early Middle Ages: Homework Help
- The Medieval Warm Period: Homework Help
- The High Middle Ages: Homework Help
- History of Asia (1000-1300 CE): Homework Help
- Pre-European Civilizations in North America: Homework Help
- Eurasia and the Great Dynastic Empires: Homework Help
- The Late Middle Ages: Homework Help
- The Renaissance: Homework Help
- The Age of Exploration: Homework Help
- The Reformation Across Europe: Homework Help
- The Elizabethan Era: Homework Help
- Colonialism: Homework Help
- The Enlightenment & World Revolutions: Homework Help
- World War I: Homework Help
- Between the World Wars: Homework Help
- World War II: Homework Help
- The Cold War: Homework Help
- Post War Europe, Asia, Middle East, and Africa: Homework Help
- The 21st Century: Homework Help