About This Chapter
Laws & Legislation Affecting Physical Education - Chapter Summary
Study.com experts designed the lessons in this chapter on the subject of laws and legislation affecting physical education. Physical education is a fundamental part of K-12 programs in the American school system. Lessons discuss codes of conduct, legal requirements, and ethical standards on this topic. PE now extends beyond the fun team sports that used to dominate. Learning objectives and student goals play much more of a role in physical education than with previous generations.
While studying these lessons, you will be getting familiar with such information as:
- Physical education activities and how they are affected by current issues, laws and trends
- Physical education liability and legal considerations
- Current trends having to do with physical education
- Putting together physical education instruction around government standards and that take into account student goals
Each lesson comes with a short, self-assessment quiz you can use to make sure you understood what was covered in the lesson. You can submit any questions you have directly to the lesson instructor.
1. Issues, Trends & Laws Affecting Physical Education Activities
Physical education courses are a fundamental part of our nation's K-12 school programs. P.E. is a progressive field. This lesson discusses the current issues, trends, and laws affecting physical education activities.
2. Liability & Legal Considerations for Physical Education
In this lesson, you'll learn about the liability and legal considerations for physical education. Discover the common sources of legal liability and specific steps to take in order to reduce accidents and prevent possible legal issues.
3. Current Trends in Physical Education
Back in the day, physical education classes were all about dodge ball, kick ball, and other fun team sports. Today, not so much. The lack of activity in children's free time has meant a new look at how physical education is taught in schools. Read on to find out what this means to crab soccer players today.
4. Designing Instruction Around Government Standards & Student Goals
In education, there is a large emphasis placed on standards for education and ensuring that students can meet those standards. This lesson will explain how you can design your instruction around those standards using learning objectives and student goals.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExES Physical Education EC-12 (158): Practice & Study Guide course
- Motor Skill Development in Children
- Biomechanical Principles
- Sports & Recreational Activities
- Softball Rules & Skills
- Soccer History & Rules
- Volleyball History & Rules
- Individual, Dual & Team Sports Skills
- Individual, Dual & Team Sports & Games
- Physical Activity, Exercise & Fitness
- Cardiovascular Fitness
- Muscular Strength & Flexibility in Fitness
- Health & Wellness in Childhood & Adolescence
- Nutrition & Health for Children
- Instructional Pedagogy
- Role of Physical Education in Student Learning
- Physical Education Teacher Planning & Instruction
- Positive Physical Education Learning Environments
- Physical Education Program Goals & Administration
- Effective Communication in Physical Education Classrooms
- Student Assessment Types
- Student Assessment in Special Education
- Using Technology in Physical Education
- Professional Development for Physical Education Teachers
- Safety & First Aid for the Physical Education Classroom
- TExES Physical Education EC-12 Flashcards