About This Chapter
Laying the Foundation for a Marketing Career - Chapter Summary
Utilize the video lessons in this chapter to brush up on your study of ways to make career goals. You can take short multiple-choice quizzes to see if you know the usefulness of career assessments. When you have completed this chapter, you will have refreshed your memory of the following:
- Career planning for college students
- Ways to assess college options
- Impact of school choice on your career
- Qualifications for scholarships and financial aid
- Post-college career goals
- Ways to use your internship to help your career
- Benefits of career assessments
Vocabulary lists can be made from the bold printed words in the video transcripts. Go directly to specific parts of the videos to review topics you need to work further on by using the timeline below. You can ask your instructor questions by clicking the Help button.
1. Career Planning Timeline for College Students
How early is too early to start planning your career? And what should you do to prepare for seeking a job? In this lesson, we'll look at a typical career planning timeline, as well as the different stages of career planning.
2. How to Evaluate Your College Options
Choosing a college can be a hard decision. There are many options when it comes to college, which can make students feel confused. Watch this lesson to find out what college options are commonly considered and how to deal with competing priorities.
3. How Much Does Your School Choice Affect Your Career?
Does which school you attend affect your career choices? In this lesson, we'll look at the ways that school choice does and does not affect your career and cover the factors that are more important than school in a job hunt.
4. Do I Qualify for Scholarships or Financial Aid?
Financial aid vocabulary and procedures can be difficult to understand. This lesson will help by reviewing the different types of financial aid, how you can determine eligibility and how to maximize your financial aid possibilities.
5. How to Set Realistic Career Goals After Graduation
Everyone has a dream job, but most people won't get it right out of college. This lesson and quiz will look at how to set realistic career goals that will help you advance towards your dream job.
6. How to Maximize Your Internship's Career Potential
An internship is a great opportunity to get experience in a career field. But how can you make the most of your time as an intern? In this lesson, we'll offer tips for maximizing your internship in the areas of learning, relationships and performance.
7. Career Assessments: Types & Benefits
There are many career choices out there. How do you decide which one is right for you? In this lesson, we'll examine the different types of career assessments and how they can help you choose the best career.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Marketing for Teachers: Help & Review course
- How Organizations are Structured & Designed
- General Business Management
- Ethics and Social Responsibility in Organizations
- Business Law & Regulation
- Economic Basics
- Business and the Economy
- The Economy and the US Government
- Entrepreneurship & Types of Businesses
- Marketing Basics
- Product Pricing & Selling
- Product Development & Distribution
- Promotion & Advertising
- Selling & Customer Service
- Market Research and Segmentation
- Strategic Planning for Marketers
- Global Business Strategies and Challenges
- Business Communication
- Business Analytics
- Computer Basics for Business
- The Internet and Business
- Marketing Education
- Career Planning for High School Students
- Marketing Employment Skills
- Marketing Career Stages
- Marketing Instruction & Assessment