About This Chapter
Leadership in Communication - Chapter Summary
Contemporary businesses have found that using teams with effective leaders can contribute to improved productivity. To ensure your team leaders are prepared for their roles, train them using the lessons in this chapter. Topics include:
- The role of leaders in organizations
- Responsibilities of the team leader
- The meaning of the work team in contemporary business
- How delegation is used within teams
- Conflict in work groups
Use the lessons during your corporate training sessions to help team leaders understand their roles in the company and responsibilities to their teams. Assess their knowledge of the lessons by allowing them to take the short quiz with each lesson.
How It Helps
- Enhances leadership capabilities: The lessons help your team leaders understand the steps they can take to become confident guides for their teams.
- Strengthens workplace relationships: As your team leaders learn to relate to team members and manage conflict, they can help strengthen the relationships among your employees.
- Improves overall production: This chapter helps team leaders enhance the quality of their teams, enabling them to work together more effectively and improve their overall productivity.
Team leaders will be prepared for the following after reviewing the lessons:
- Describing how leaders influence the behavior, performance and productivity of employees
- Defining the team leader, and explaining the responsibilities involved with this position
- Explaining how the work team contributes to the productivity and success of a company
- Discussing the process of delegation and its importance and benefits
- Sharing reasons for conflict among team members
1. Leadership: Leaders & Their Role in Organizations
Leadership is the action of leading employees to achieve goals. It plays an important role in employee performance and productivity. Learn about how leaders influence employee behavior in this lesson.
2. What Is a Team Leader? - Description, Role & Responsibilities
Are you interested in becoming a team leader or need to find one for your organization? Read on to learn more about what a team leader is and the various roles and responsibilities that comes with this position.
3. The Work Team in Contemporary Business: Definition & Analysis
Contemporary business has thrived with the use of work teams in creating products, solving problems and developing alternatives. There are many ways that work teams add to the productivity and success of a company.
4. Delegation Within Teams: Process & Advantages
Delegating work to others is a powerful tool in increasing a company's level of productivity. This lesson will discuss the importance of delegation, its benefits, and the process of delegating tasks to team members.
5. Team Conflict and the Work Process
Conflict is inevitable in groups, which is why managers must understand it. In this lesson you will learn about the reasons why teams may encounter conflict while working together.
6. Practical Application: Conflict Resolution Scenario
Are you dealing with workplace conflict? Are you frustrated with the lack of resolution? This activity provides insight into various workplace conflict scenarios and how to resolve those conflicts using leadership and communication skills.
7. Practical Application: Conflict Resolution for Team Leaders
Team leaders often find themselves in the midst of workplace conflicts. Handling those is critical for a successful environment. In this activity, you'll find three scenarios, you need to solve, with leadership and communication skills.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.